Shelby *trains flying monkeys*'s Reviews > Locke & Key, Vol. 1: Welcome to Lovecraft

Locke & Key, Vol. 1 by Joe Hill

bookshelves: comix-graphix, liburry-book, read-2015

I think most of my friends on Goodreads have either shelved this book to read or have read it. I had to jump on that bandwagon but I was a bit scared.

You see most of them have loved it. Except Erica But she is a hater rebel. Usually books that everyone else loves and fangirl/boys over tend to leave me dry.

I actually liked this one!

It starts off all violent and shit. This guy is killed by a teenage nut job and the nut job is going for his family also, but they get away from him and he ends up in juvenile prison.

The family moves across the country to the Lovecraft mansion. They maybe should have stayed at the Hotel 6. This place is kinda wonky.
You have lots of rooms that need certain keys. Including one that makes you into a ghost.

Then you have this hag/bitch in the well.

That hag/bitch turns out to be something way freaky. I only requested two of these volumes from the library and I think that's probably going to make me mad at myself.
Because there is lots of this:

And I tend to like that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Locke & Key, Vol. 1.

February 2, 2015 – Shelved
July 28, 2015 – Started Reading
July 29, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)

April Cote Great review! I'm intrigued!

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* April wrote: "Great review! I'm intrigued!"

It's good and it has a plus. If you don't like it blame it on Erica. :)

AshleyR Great review, Shelby! This makes me want to give the series a re-read!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Loved the kitty gifs :)

Aj the Ravenous Reader Lol! Enjoyable review, Shelby. I haven't read this yet but you're making me wanna.^^

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Masterson Great review Shelby! The cat pic just made me laugh so hard!

message 7: by Jilly (new)

Jilly Shelby, love the review! Especially the cat gif at the end. I was cracking up at that one. :)

Licha Shelby, start put those other eight volumes on order. Become a fangirl.

message 9: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Fantastic review Shelby!

message 10: by Casey (new)

Casey Not my cuppa but I loved your review!

Kimberly Love this "series"! I still have the last one to read... :)

Ɗẳɳ  2.☊ Well done, you've read this one correctly. Holler if you want to borrow any of other volumes.

Kelly (and the Book Boar) Erica read this one wrong (per usual). So glad you liked it!

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* Thanks Everyone!
They made me actually work today at work so I missed all your comments.
2.0 I have Vol 2 from the Library but I'll take you up on the others once I get caught up soon.

message 15: by Caitlyn (new) - added it

Caitlyn Ann The review and the cat gifs makes me want pick up a copy.

message 16: by Caitlyn (new) - added it

Caitlyn Ann The review and the cat gifs makes me want pick up a copy.

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* Caitlyn wrote: "The review and the cat gifs makes me want pick up a copy. "

whispers *do it*

Kimberly Shelby *wants some flying monkeys* wrote: "Caitlyn wrote: "The review and the cat gifs makes me want pick up a copy. "

whispers *do it*"

(echo) *do it*

Alejandro I am truly glad that you like so much this first TPB ;)

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* Alejandro wrote: "I am truly glad that you like so much this first TPB ;)"

:D

Patty Great review, Shelby!! I just requested vol 1 -3 from the library. I blame you for changing my TBR because thanks to your reviews all I want to do is start this series and the Shine Not Burn series :D

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* Patty wrote: "Great review, Shelby!! I just requested vol 1 -3 from the library. I blame you for changing my TBR because thanks to your reviews all I want to do is start this series and the Shine Not Burn series :D"

yes! Read all those. So very good. Now your TBR can be like mine..crumbling on top of my head! LOL

message 23: by Donovan (new) - added it

Donovan Nice review. Guess most people liked this...

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* Donovan wrote: "Nice review. Guess most people liked this..."

Usually that means I will hate it. So I was shocked.

message 25: by Mekiah (new)

Mekiah Johnson I love that word, wonky. 😀