DJ Sakata's Reviews > Souls ReAligned

Souls ReAligned by Tricia Daniels

bookshelves: erotic-romance

Favorite Quotes:

“Oh I think you’re everybody’s type, Ireland. If I were you, I wouldn’t bend over in the shower to pick up the soap.”

“Yes… Home. Wherever you’re going to be tonight is where I’m going to sleep. My house, your house, under the stars… it doesn’t matter to me. From now on, home for me will always be wherever you are.”

“I suppose I’m lucky that he didn’t mark his territory by lifting his leg and peeing on me.”

My Review:

Arg! I read both books - 898 steamy pages - to complete this review and it ended in a cliffhanger, I despise those with the heat of a thousand suns! I enjoyed Souls ReAligned considerably more than I did the first in the series - Intractable Souls. Throughout the first and part of the second book, I found the lead female character to be so damaged and broken that she was malfunctioning, tiresome, and tedious. As she became stronger during the second installment, she became more interesting and playful. The story line was interesting and crossed into the paranormal a bit with a psychic, old souls, and past lives, so the genre is a bit of a hybrid adult contemporary/paranormal/erotic romance. The books are hella long but smoking hawt. But take out the sex, and the tale is rather high schoolish drama, as the characters’ behaviors and antics were immature, petulant, and insecure. There was considerable angst, melodrama, and a constant push/pull dynamic between the two leads that is admittedly just not really my cup of tea. However, I find that I am now fully invested and already curious as to what will happen to this ill-fated couple, who just can’t seem to get it right in any of their repeated lives.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Souls ReAligned.

February 2, 2015 – Shelved