Meredith Galman's Reviews > Silent in the Grave

Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn

Jan 07, 2008

it was ok
bookshelves: mysteries

Everybody loves a good international man of mystery, but private enquiry agent Nicholas Brisbane is Just Too Much: he's a prizefighter! he's a violin virtuoso! he's a duke's grandnephew! he's a half-blood Rom AND a psychic (and a floor wax, and a dessert topping . . . .)! Lady Julia Grey -- although at times stupid and inconsistent -- is a more interesting character, because she's believably human. Born into a family of eccentrics, Julia has spent her entire life suppressing herself, until the death of her husband forces her into exploring her own powers. Unfortunately, the interactions of this odd couple always seem forced and artificial. The mystery itself is not much: Julia overlooks two obvious suspects, one of whom predictably turns out to be the murderer, although the motive was somewhat different than I imagined.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silent in the Grave.

Started Reading
January 1, 2008 – Finished Reading
January 7, 2008 – Shelved
January 7, 2008 – Shelved as: mysteries

message 1: by Dianne (new)

Dianne OMG! You had me snorting coffee out of my nose when I read this! You have a great sense of humor! I think I will be staying far far away!
Thanks for the heads-up!
Dianne

Reforming A floor wax. I needed that laugh today. Thank you.

Aditya / Good and accurate review , even though I liked the book and liked Brisbane more than her, but had issues with each of them

Saadia Mo Don't forget a shapeshifter..