Lisa Vegan's Reviews > Vegan Planet: 400 Irresistible Recipes with Fantastic Flavors from Home and Around the World

Vegan Planet by Robin G. Robertson

May 13, 2007

bookshelves: vegan, vegetarian, cookbook, reviewed, non-fiction, readbooks-female-author-or-illust
Recommended for: vegans, fans of international cuisine, cookbook collectors

Yes, there are 400 recipes in here, all vegan, and they're divided into chapters that make sense. There is more than adequate information about vegan food and some about the vegan kitchen. The recipes look delicious and easy to make. And I do like this cookbook. But the negatives are that it isn't very attractive (there are no pictures and the text fonts/colors I find difficult to read easily), and it's very thick: would suggest before making a recipe to photocopy the needed pages because it is challenging to keep this book open to any particular page.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vegan Planet.

message 1: by Lindsey (new) - added it

Lindsey Kind of funny that you mention how difficult it is to deal with a cookbook of this size considering she just came out with a book with over twice as many recipes, LOL! 1,000 Vegan Recipes

Lisa Vegan Thanks Lindsey. I guess 1,000 Vegan Recipes is about to go on my to-read shelf. I didn't know about it.

message 3: by Lindsey (new) - added it

Lindsey No problem :) And if you're interested, here's a blog that is cooking through every single recipe in that book http://1000veganrecipes.blogspot.com/

Lisa Vegan Thanks. I'll glance at it, but I don't have time to even read the books I want to read so I don't spend a lot of time reading blogs. What a great idea though!

message 5: by Lisa (last edited Oct 23, 2009 11:58AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Vegan Lindsey, I had birthday money left so I just bought the 1,000 Vegan Recipes book and one other book. You've corrupted me. ;-)

message 6: by Lindsey (new) - added it

Lindsey Oh yeah, I totally know what you mean not having time to read blogs when there are so many books waiting to be read!
Hehehe! At least it will be a very worthwhile and long-lasting present :)

Lisa Vegan That's right! Also, if there are no/few photos in this book, the blog will have some photos!