Judy D Collins's Reviews > If We Lived Here

If We Lived Here by Lindsey J. Palmer

A special thank you to Kensington and NetGalley for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

IF WE LIVED HERE, by Lindsay J. Palmer, is a witty, sharp, contemporary portrayal of friendship and love –a thirty something couple diving into the complications and trials of living together in New York.

Emma 30, and Nicholas 34 set out with cautious optimism to find their first joint domicile. After three years of dating, they decide it may be wise to pull together and get one apartment. As Emma begins fantasizing about the perfect home on a budget, possibly maybe a small studio— she never dreamed of two walk in closets, a dishwasher, ample counter space, and a killer view. Possibly, a brownstone in Brooklyn? It thrilled and frightened her at the same time.

Nick is a teacher and Emma tutors high school students through their college application process. They have good credit and references surely they can find the perfect spot to start their life together, after all they are in a committed relationship.

Are they ready to move in together? Would the pros of cohabitation outweigh the cons of forfeiting their freedom? What about spending all the time together and how it would affect their sex life? If they broke up, who would sleep on the sofa until they rode out the lease and who would clean the toilet? What about storms of nature and life? Is their relationship strong enough to handle what comes next?

“Just how you imagined our shacking up together right? Exactly, you know we could get some cats and a few creepy knickknacks and open and bed-and-breakfast. We already have the musty smell and the rotting furniture."

Emma and Nick’s Ramshackle Paradise
Emma and Nick’s Storm-Ravaged Haven
Emma and Nick’s Waterfront Wasteland
Emma and Nick’s Happy Home

A witty, fun, and entertaining chick-lit- a realistic approach at modern day relationships. The drama continues as Emma’s best friend plans her dram wedding and her older brother settles into suburban life, while Nick and Emma is faced with the issues of a real and grown up world.

If you enjoy Sarah Pekkanen, Emily Giffin and Jennifer Weiner, (all favorites of mine) you are assured to fall in love with Lindsay J. Palmer’s style and IF WE LIVED HERE –whether moving in together, or marriage, an inside look at what it means to SHARE.

PS I like the front cover, reminds me of my Realtor days when we used a real key.

Judith D. Collins Must Read Books

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If We Lived Here.

February 1, 2015 – Shelved