Heather's Reviews > Castaneda: The Wisdom of Don Juan

Castaneda by Carlos Castaneda

572027
Aug 26, 2010

bookshelves: read-years-ago, spiritual, literature

Hold on to your hats, folks, never has a book (in this case books) inspired such weird dreams. I listened to this audio version of Castaneda’s Teachings of Don Juan and A Separate Reality while lying on my bed and sipping on some wine and it was sublimely enjoyable. Whether or not you believe that the stories are fact or fiction, you will be hard pressed to ever come up with something so wholly bizarre but completely engrossing. You will also be hard pressed not to question the nature of reality. Castaneda was certainly one of the most important spiritual philosophers. He also happens to be a terrific writer. (And as an aside, this audio version is awesome; I loved the narrator's voice.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Castaneda.

message 1: by Mohit (new)

Mohit Parikh Do you know if this is available anywhere on internet where I can download/buy from?

Heather Mohit wrote: "Do you know if this is available anywhere on internet where I can download/buy from?"

Heather Gillanders Amazon.com has the audio version, but it is really expensive (likely out of print). I got my copy from my local library. The books are also available on Amazon.com.

message 3: by Mohit (new)

Mohit Parikh Ah, ok. Thanks. I guess for now I will make do with the books.