Jaema Berman's Reviews > The Knife of Never Letting Go

The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness

Aug 26, 2010

Really great YA novel, especially for boys, I would think but since I liked it so much, girls should not shy away from it. There is a strong girl character, named Viola, who has landed on the planet...The ending is a cliff hanger, I was disappointed in that aspect.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Knife of Never Letting Go.

August 26, 2010 – Started Reading
August 26, 2010 – Shelved
August 26, 2010 –
page 17
3.55% "The story hooks you in at the very start...."
August 28, 2010 –
page 95
19.83% "Ness is very adept at propelling his story. This has science fiction elements without wanking you over the head with bizarre names and places. Kind of like The Road for teens. Teen boys ought to love this."
August 31, 2010 –
page 260
54.28% "This is a coming of age novel in a post apocalyptic world that has lost it's technology in favor of old time religion and farming. The women are dead...The language is stunning and the story well thought out."
September 3, 2010 –
page 305
63.67% "Todd is fascinating in that he thinks he knows what's going on but we find out as we get into the story that everything he has been told throughout his life is a lie and as he meets people out in the real world, his assumptions keep on getting challenged and he has to adjust his understanding of reality."
October 28, 2010 – Finished Reading