Shameeka Alexis's Reviews > A Season of Eden

A Season of Eden by Jennifer Laurens

Review also posted at: https://shameekalovesreading.wordpres...

A Season of Eden is a stand-alone and a young adult novel by J.M. Warwick, which is a pseudonym of Jennifer Laurens.

A Season of Eden deals with the relationship between Eden and her choir teacher, James Christian.

Eden is a senior, and chooses Concert Coir as one of her subjects as it would guarantee an easy A. Enter Mr. Christian or James Christian, the new choir teacher who is young, but old fashioned with his elbow-patched odd-colored suits.

James manages to sweep Eden and the entire class of their feet with his passion in music and his talent. Eden is attracted to him from the first day and goes out of the way to stalk him and find out all the details of his life.

“When he spoke to us about music, I felt the love and passion he had as if he held me in his arms and passed that love and passion to me through an embrace. His voice lifted my spirits.”

She is intrigued by his gentle-beauty, innocent nature and his involvement in teaching music and his faith in God.

“I’d never missed a guy like this. No one had ever occupied my thoughts so completely. Like his music, his image drifted endlessly in my mind, a melody I couldn’t stop hearing, even in sleep.”

Eden is a confident, brave and a very out-spoken girl. She made an amazing protagonist and I loved her. She knew she was beautiful and in all her life, got all she wanted – she was from a high class family and had her pick among the guys.

With James, Eden feels impure and un-worthy of his attention and love. James offers comfort, warmth and love – everything she has lost since her mother’s death. Eden’s father, a lawyer remarried after her death due to which he never spends any time with Eden anymore.

I loved the book. The tension between James and Eden, the writing style and the character development were perfect and I was literally jumping in my seat to find out James’ and Eden’s fate – only to find the lack of an ending.

The story finishes at the point where she graduates and rushes to meet James, who is in the church. It was abrupt and I was a little mad about it.

But, being the crazy fan girl I am, I’m voting for a happy ending. This was definitely one of the best teacher-student romance novels I’ve ever read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Season of Eden.

January 31, 2015 – Shelved