Byron Kidd's Reviews > The Ranboen Contract

The Ranboen Contract by John Anthony Curran

Aug 26, 2010

bookshelves: scifi, favorites
Read from August 30 to September 11, 2010

I recently finished reading The Ranboen Contract and must say I was thoroughly impressed by the debut offering from this author.

The story contains plenty of fast-paced action, and you'll find yourself turning pages at a brisk pace right from page one. The action scenes are well written and move the plot along at an enjoyable pace. As the story advances an increasingly intriguing political scheme unfolds adding true depth to the story and providing believable motivation and justification for the characters actions.

The plot has a number of twists and turns, some of which you may see coming, but one in particular totally blindsided me. In my mind I had already predicted how the chapter would end and the story progress, but my predictions were proved wrong in one powerful scene which completely changed the course of the novel.

While the story is based in the future, the action takes place on a single planet and as a result could have just as easily have been told in a current day setting which makes this action based political thriller easily accessible to those who are not usually science fiction readers.

In all, a thoroughly enjoyable novel and I look forward to more titles by this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ranboen Contract.