Tanja Berg's Reviews > Leserne i Broken Wheel anbefaler

Leserne i Broken Wheel anbefaler by Katarina Bivald

bookshelves: scandinavian, all-time-favourites, chick-lit, to-buy-for-my-sister

Rating 5* out of 5. This is the best feel-good chick-lit book about books I've ever read. Deeply insightful in regards to the human condition, humorous and filled with books. I've snubbed this type of book for at least a year, I have no idea why, but I'm over that now. I know that a book of this quality is one in a hundred, but I seriously need some variation to my thriller-horror-zombie-blood-and-gore preference.

Sara from Sweden is visting the truly godforsaken Iowa town Broken Wheels. She arrives just in time for the funeral of the woman, Amy, that she was to meet for the first time. They had been exchanging letters and books for some time. The town people insist she stay at Amy's house and they welcome her into their midst, refusing to let her pay for anything. She feels that she needs to give something in return, so she opens a book store with Amy's books. When her visa is about to expire, the town will not let her go.

The people in the town are wonderful characters. Sara with her nose stuck in a book reminds me a bit of Belle from "the Beauty and the Beast", except she is no beauty. She is neither pretty nor stylish, but with a kind heart.

This is a book that I feel inclined to re-read immediately. A book that opened my eyes to my own shelves brimming of carefully selected UNREAD books. Unread because they are too old, too long, too difficult or too feminine. Sure, I have plenty of loved and well-read books too - but I've got at least a year worth's of reading to attend to. Anyhow, if you like books about books, then this is definitely recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Leserne i Broken Wheel anbefaler.

January 31, 2015 – Started Reading
January 31, 2015 – Shelved
January 31, 2015 – Shelved as: scandinavian
January 31, 2015 –
page 44
11.0% "I already have a warm and fuzzy feeling inside!"
February 1, 2015 –
page 103
25.75% "Truly a "feel good" novel, am enjoying this a lot more than I thought I would."
February 1, 2015 –
page 239
February 1, 2015 – Shelved as: all-time-favourites
February 1, 2015 – Shelved as: chick-lit
February 1, 2015 – Shelved as: to-buy-for-my-sister
February 1, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Mark (new) - added it

Mark This looks great--I hope it becomes available in English. Goodreads shows it in just about every other language!

Tanja Berg I thought it was available in English already, but I didn't check too closely. :)

message 3: by Mark (new) - added it

Mark It is, I found it, but only by following someone's review of the English edition.

message 4: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Klinger-horn The English edition will be available in January 2016.