Joseph's Reviews > Rebel Dawn

Rebel Dawn by A.C. Crispin

M 50x66

bookshelves: star-wars

There was so good and some bad to it. The good, there wasn't any "I got bad feeling about this...," it explains more of the Jabba/Han relationship, Lando/Han issue that they had in Empire, how he got the Falcon, Boba Fett was in it more, etc. This books does take you right up into New Hope, which is good and bad. I say bad only because it really limits what another writer can do with Solo's character before New Hope. She just did 3 books on him and there probably could have done more with him. And the major fact is Daley did the Solo Adventures in 1992 before this book came out in 1998, which is supposed to be before New Hope, which would make no sense. Things like that bother me because it doesn't make sense in the timeline and they should have know better. But I have also read somewhere else that Daley's book takes place between the 2nd and this book. So I don't know. Overall pretty good.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rebel Dawn.

August 25, 2010 – Shelved
August 25, 2010 – Shelved as: star-wars
February 13, 2013 – Started Reading
February 25, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

Crystal Starr Light That is correct; Crispin sets Daley's books in between events in Book 2 of her trilogy. I was happy Daley's books didn't get retconned - they were so much fun.

Joseph See that is what I saw on one site, but at www.swbooks.co.uk/timeline it had Solo Adventures after it. I figured I would get someone to comment on it...thanks. Next is the Lando and Solo Adventures.

Crystal Starr Light Yeah, it's a bit confusing, since technically both trilogies take place during the same period.

Let me know what you think of the Lando Adventures!!

Joseph I have to get the book first, but will do.

Joseph So Crystal, this is what I found out from one of the Star Wars sites who emailed me back.

With regards to your query stories on my timeline are placed according to when the story begins (excluding any flashback prologues) thus I have placed AC Crispin’s Rebel Dawn novel at around 3 BBY. Brian Daley’s Han Solo Adventures trilogy occur during AC Crispin’s Rebel Dawn novel – her novel spans approximately 2-3 years and allows for Daley’s stories to occur in time gaps within her book. To make matters worse, the timescale now also has to include the events of Deathtroopers.
So the events of the stories goes something like this:

Rebel Dawn – Chapters 1 thru 6