William Bentrim's Reviews > Once Wicked Always Dead

Aug 25, 2010

bookshelves: books-for-swap
Read in August, 2010 — I own a copy

Once Wicked Always Dead by T. Marie Benchley

This book has a cover that will grab you. I don’t know that I have ever mentioned a cover in a post before but I do love this cover. A story of treachery, betrayal and modern, flexible mores contrasts with a cowboy morality. This could also be characterized as a tale of vigilante justice.

Molly Madison nee O’Malley unhappily lives a superficially perfect life. A perfect husband, a successful social life and an enviable life style is shattered by startling revelations and the shocking demise of loved ones. Molly rises admirably to combat her detractors. Her strength of characters suggests that there are many women in lives that they would change if they could.

Clayton the ranch foreman is described in terms that seem more appropriate to a Harlequin romance than a mystery.

The characters were portrayed with broad brush strokes and little depth. They were not believable but they were entertaining. The depths of anger and hatred did strike a chord with some of the more lurid tabloid headlines.

This was a good mystery and an entertaining read.

I recommend it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Once Wicked Always Dead.