J.L.'s Reviews > Sea of Stars

Sea of Stars by Amy A. Bartol

Jan 30, 2015

bookshelves: 2015, xyz-2015-diva-challenge, all-ya, all-pnr, netgalley

** spoiler alert ** 5 out of 5 super-sized iridescent stars!

This book picks up immediately where Under Different Stars left off and we know that things are not good. It starts with Kricket, Trey, Wayra, and Jax together on Rafe’s Ship of Skye where they are separated by Brigadets, Rafe Military Police, and held as prisoners. Eventually, they get free but now are hunted by the Rafe and by Kyon who’s back with an Alameeda army and attacking the Ship of Skye.

This book has all of our favorite characters we love and love to hate plus a few more. Let me just say one new name - Giffen. I hope to have a lot more on Giffen in the next book.

One of the funny parts I laughed out loud at.

“We’re mammals. We all give off a heat signature.” I pointed out.

“What is a man-imal?” “Wayra asks, wrinkling his nose. I’m no man-imal.”

Jax looks puzzled. “Sounds like she called us half man, half animal in her Earthling.”

Another thing we were all looking forward to was Trey and Kricket’s relationship. Major developments there!!! And while the book didn't end in a cliffhanger, you are left with several questions. I can’t wait to see how Kricket gets out of the mess she's in at the end of this book.

I've read the Premonition series and both books in this one. Amy A. Bartol has a way of writing that has you instantly connecting with the characters. She has quickly become one of my favorite ya authors.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sea of Stars.

January 30, 2015 – Shelved