Stephanie's Reviews > The Legend of Arturo King

The Legend of Arturo King by L.B. Dunbar

Oh my! I loved this book! It's been awhile since I've read a book with a big cliffhanger that left me saying, OMG, how long do I have to wait for the next book? This book had me on the edge of my seat with all of the twists and turns and I found myself holding my breath as I read the final pages! WOW!

This is a modern day re-telling of the tale of King Arthur. I loved Arturo and Guinevere right from the beginning. Arturo is a sexy, confident rocker who always gets what he wants, yet feels empty, even though he has a different woman in his bed every night. They met when they were younger, but when they see each other several years later at the Round Table, their mutual interest in each other is ignited. Her father is the owner of the Round Table and the man that gave the Nights their big start. She is shy, innocent, and beautiful.

Once they eventually meet, their relationship starts to flourish.

"You aren't in the way, Guinie," I said softly stroking my thumb up and down her neck. "You might just be the way," I muttered quietly.

"Guinevere," I said on a sigh, forcing her to look up at me. "You are the most beautiful creature I've ever seen. You make me smile and laugh and write songs. You inspire me with your desire to be yourself and you motivate me to be a better man. You make me feel special, and not just because I'm a member of a band. I feel...I feel cherished. That's what you do for me."

And this book is filled with twists and turns and my emotions were scattered all over the place.

When our phone call ended, I wanted to go to him immediately. I suddenly had a bad feeling about the night to come, and that gut feeling I should have listened to because that night changed everything. .

OMG, I cannot wait for the next book in this series. It cannot come soon enough. I highly recommend this well-written, sexy fairy tale of a romance. Ms. Dunbar did a wonderful job with this re-telling and really made it her own story. All I have to say is when is the next book coming????

I received this book in exchange for my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Legend of Arturo King.

January 30, 2015 – Started Reading