haley's Reviews > Made for You

Made for You by Melissa Marr

20582304

liked it

It's high time I wrote a review for this.

Made for You was a very fascinating novel. It examines what motivates a stalker/killer, and I thought it was interesting. Creepy, unsettling and scary, but interesting. I hadn't read anything by this author before, but now I will definitely check out more of Marr's books. In Made For You, she proved that she could create a well-written setting and characters.

I like Eva. She's strong willed and a tad stubborn, but also very nice to others. I like Grace as well, and I like the friendship between the two. I think Eva's mom is really sweet and I like Eva's relationship with her mom.

What's fascinating about this book is that we get to see the stalker/killer's POV. Judge's chapters were my favorite to read, but not because he was in any way a likable character. He's a despicable, unhinged individual who kills and does other disgusting things. But I thought his chapters were very interesting. And very scary.

Only two things prevented it from being a four or five star read.
1. Nate. He's a nice guy, and I don't dislike him, but I do dislike the romance. I just felt like it ruined everything. Like, Eva was hit by a car. She had to deal with the physical and emotional trauma of the original incident. Then the police inform her that she was intentionally run over, then some girls are murdered because this person is obsessed with Eva. That's a lot of shit to deal with! How the heck do you have time to get into a relationship with someone. Also, Nate wasn't always nice. I mean, he did ignore her for several years and at one point reject her in front of everybody. But that's in the past....except Eva isn't really mad about it. It's just kind of gloss over. Overall, I didn't like the romance and I thought it kinda ruined the story.

2. I also can't get down with Eva's powers. It's very unexplained how she got these powers, not to mention things like (view spoiler), and it just didn't make sense.

I quite enjoyed this novel and I would recommend it. A few things dampened my enjoyment, but overall it was a good, solid novel. Three stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Made for You.

January 29, 2015 – Shelved