Carly's Reviews > Passing Through

Passing Through by Jay Northcote

bookshelves: 2015-blog-reviews

There simply aren't enough words to express how much I adored PASSING THROUGH. It is the amazing story of two men who are brought together later in their lives. Their attraction blossoms into a passionate romance that is only meant to last for a brief moment in time. Neither man is completely comfortable with himself or his life, but change is a scary thing to contemplate and finding the courage to seize the day is easier said than done.

One of my favorite characters in this story is Edwin, Leo's uncle. Although terminally ill, he still radiates life and faces his last days with humor and grace. The friendship and advice he offers the "boys" who he views to be mostly in his care, rather than the other way around, is dispensed with the honesty and dry humor that brings to mind a quintessential grandfather that can always be depended on to tell it like it is!

Full of life, love, loss and healing, PASSING THROUGH is a story about coming to terms with who you are, learning to live for the moment, and cherishing the ones we love. Whether the people in your life are here to stay or just passing through, it's the memories we make that last a lifetime. Deeply touching my emotions, the characters filled my heart with love, voice with laughter, and eyes with tears, it's a reading experience that I highly recommend!

My OFFICIAL REVIEW written for Carly’s Book Reviews
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Passing Through.

Started Reading