Stacia (the 2010 club)'s Reviews > Hot Head

Hot Head by Damon Suede

liked it
bookshelves: adult, contemporary-romance, lgbtq, male-pov

You should feel sorry for me.

My ereader just died. This is bad. It's not quite on the "losing an appendage" level of bad, but it certainly surpasses "someone just rained on my parade" bad.

Loss of ereader = loss of review notes.

Loss of review notes = loss of badass review that I was going to write.

From what I remember, I liked Hot Head. Two guys are friends. Two guys hook up for cash. Two guys eventually fall in love. Cool stuff.

From what I also remember, I found myself more interested in the side story of the co-worker who was having issues coming out. Don't ask me why. Because I can't remember much without notes. I'm not that old, but somehow, I am. Sigh.

I think what stopped me from going up to a 4 was the relationship progression, or lack of punch in this department. I'm sure that the relationship progression probably read as natural and organic to many people, which is probably why the book has a lot of super fans. But I was kind of underwhelmed by it. It's probably just me, not the book. To be honest, I was expecting more (view spoiler)

The strength of the book was in the love and acceptance between friends (and family), and that was great. There was a solid buildup to a romance. Maybe it was even realistic that there wasn't much in the way of talking when it came to how the couple got together. Guys aren't always up in their feelings like that. But something about the way everything unfolded left me feeling apathetic to the love. I wasn't apathetic enough not to like the book (because I did like it), but I didn't get the warm fuzzies that I was hoping for, given as how well-loved this story seems to be in Goodreadsland.

Still - I'll go with a slightly warm thumbs up. I'm glad I read the story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hot Head.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

SheReadsALot Very sorry for your loss. I went through this a few months ago. Dark few days until I figured out what happened to my Kindle.

Great review BTW. I tried years ago and couldn't get into it. *shrugs*

message 2: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Jan 29, 2015 09:37AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Stacia (the 2010 club) Thanks. I was hoping for more sizzle since it's firemen, but it didn't quite reach that level for me, sadly.

It was my tablet that died, so I do have a secondary eink ereader that I'm still able to read books on, but I lost a lot of books, as well as notes and other things I had filed. Now I get to make the all-important decision of whether to purchase a reader tablet or an all-purpose tablet.

message 3: by Pete (new)

Pete I use and ipad and iphone that I backup maybe a couple of times a week. I loose very little including notes and bookmarks.
I use the kindle app, and can often retrieve the book..Yuck, I hate when this happens. Sorry to hear of your delimma

Stacia (the 2010 club) I have an iPhone and was considering an iPad for an easier crossover. Can you open books on it without having to open an app first? I was spoiled having a reader tablet where the book would just open instantly if you clicked on it. I don't want a 2 step process having to go through an app like Bluefire or overdrive. Most of my books are side loaded and don't come through Amazon or B&N, etc.

message 5: by Pete (new)

Pete When I'm reading and walk away and it shuts down, when you open it, depending on the way you set up security it will open right where you left off.

I use my iPad to record students doing natural horsemanship techniques I teach them, my security settings are more strict.