EgyptDiva's Reviews > Intoxicate

Intoxicate by Tessa Teevan

God I missed that feeling !! You know the one you feel after you finish a book that makes you so giddy you jump to review it (( Even if you have exams like 5 days from now !!))

I LOVED this book , it wasn't too fast or too slow , it was the perfect pace and I couldn't be happier with it .

I'm going to start with the heroine Kallie because it's truly rare to find an amazing heroine like her ! because lately I feel like authors either make the heroine basically 1) a doormat -who has no self respect whatsoever- or 2) too stubborn which is supposed to lead us to believe that she's strong rather than simply annoying.
But neither of those cases happened here . Because Kallie was just perfect as far as I'm concerned . She's strong , loyal , fun , with an amazing heart . You can easily relate to her , she's honest , she forgives when it feels like the right time and stands her ground when the situation calls for it.
She fought for Xavier without appearing desperate and her relationship with Lily was just heart warming !

And Xavier .. Yum ;) !! An army Father with a little girl whom he loves more than anything and who speaks spanish while making love ?! I mean seriously ? You can't help but love him and respect how much he thought about Lily before every decision he made. I understood why he was hot and cold sometimes , and of course it helped that we get his POV so we can relate to his inner conflicts . But nonetheless I adored him ;)

I really am busy so I'm gonna cut this short but I was just too excited not to write how happy I am with this book.

Finally A love story with the right amount of build up , a decent standup hero who happens to be an amazing father , and a strong lovable heroine .

PS. I forgot to mention :: the tension in this book !! WOW !! and when they finally get together , it's not just HOT , it's emotional , you could just feel the connection between them <3

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Intoxicate.

Finished Reading
January 29, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
January 29, 2015 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Tessa (new) - added it

Tessa Teevan Thank you so so so much! I had such a great time writing this book, especially Kalli! I'm glad you love her as much as I do!

EgyptDiva You're Welcome ! I had such an amazing time reading about her and them together , although it did distract me from studying but Oh well ! It was worth it ;) Keep up the great work :)