Ruth's Reviews > Ride the Fire

Ride the Fire by Pamela Clare

I really thought the first book in this series couldn't be beaten, but with this one, the author returns to superb form.

The start is pretty graphic, so be warned, but, boy, is it worth sticking with. The first part focuses on the hero's sufferings and struggles, and, thankfully, this is not a love-at-first-sight story, since I don't particularly like that one-touch-and-they-just-knew crap. Or perhaps it is love-at-first-sight, between the hero and the baby he delivers? Anyway, the sexual desire thrumming through this book is fabulous, as two very wounded, suffering people find peace in their little family. Fabulous, fabulously written and unbelievably sweet despite the violence.

The ending is also great. Somehow, the normal thoughts I get when reading HEAs like thus one, about how cheesy is it possible for a book to get and still not have pages covered in toasted cheddar, didn't happen. I guess with such a graphic, soul-wrenching story based on well-reaearched American history, it just works. This story really had me reaching for wikipedia to read about the places mentioned and the history of Pontiac's War and Fort Pitt, whilst getting all gooey-eyed over the romance.

Loved it, loved it, loved it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ride the Fire.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I'm glad you loved this one. I'm a big fan of this author and can't wait to read these books!

Ruth I'm reading Surrender now. Absolutely excellent! I'm totally addicted..

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I loved both Surrender and Untamed. Be sure and read her I-Team series. It's romantic suspense and so, so good!