Jesse (JesseTheReader)'s Reviews > I Was Here

I Was Here by Gayle Forman

liked it

hear more of my thoughts here: http://youtu.be/GiN-1CvvC2k

This book was so emotional! The only thing that I really didn't like about it was the romance. It was a major turn off for me, but other than that this book was fantastic, but sad, oh so very sad.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Was Here.

January 29, 2015 – Started Reading
January 29, 2015 – Shelved
January 29, 2015 –
page 36
February 1, 2015 –
page 114
February 1, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)

message 1: by Lea (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lea I just finished this one too! any thoughts?

Jesse (JesseTheReader) Lea wrote: "I just finished this one too! any thoughts?"

I really liked it! I just wasn't a huge fan of the romance. In fact I wish it wouldn't have even been apart of this book. xD

Kellie I feel the same way. I loved everything about the book minus the romance. It felt wrong because he was Meg's first... And I didn't feel like the book needed a romance. I liked Ben's character but I would've loved for them to just be friends.

Nicole Potter I was soooo mad about the romance in this book and I thought it was completely unnecessary. Did you find the book to be a bit "jumpy?" I feel like nothing was ever explained that well and it kept jumping from one topic to another with no clear focus.

Jesse (JesseTheReader) Nicole wrote: "I was soooo mad about the romance in this book and I thought it was completely unnecessary. Did you find the book to be a bit "jumpy?" I feel like nothing was ever explained that well and it kept j..."

Yeah, I really think the romance should have just been edited out. Why couldn't she have just had a friendship with the guy? It did kind of feel a bit jumpy.

Hallie ya but isn't all her books sad?

message 7: by Ally (new)

Ally Ek. Was quite looking forward to this book as the premise interested me. But hearing such mixed reviews (by people I trust!) as put me off. Especially when I don't like romance in books usually. Disappointing:(

Emma Wallis I really want to read this book, what is it about? Is it as good as if I stay an where she went?

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree about the romance as it didn't seem right, also halfway through I started to get a bit bored because it seemed to me like it became a bit repetitive but also the romance seemed forced throughout the book :()

Ashley Evans Just got done reading this and really enjoyed it. I have mixed feelings about the romance. It had me so confused. Overall a good read though. I also love your vids Jesse!

Sierra Profitt I've got to finish this book soon. I've got your review video sitting in my watch later list on youtube and its taunting me

Nicole This. I felt the romance was unnecessary, a desperate attempt to appeal to a young adult audience who otherwise may be alienated by the subject matter, and actually made me really dislike the ending.

Nikki I agree 100% with all of this. I really felt that the romance was unnecessary.