Karla's Reviews > Mistress of the Art of Death

Mistress of the Art of Death by Ariana Franklin

Aug 24, 2010

bookshelves: 2010, english, historical, mystery, historical-romantic-fiction, favorites

With this enticing title I had to read this book! I found it very fascinating and my nose was twitching to sniff out the devious murderer. It was a rare book to read a medieval crime thriller that really brought the twelfth century to vivid life. I actually enjoyed learning the forensic skills Adelia knew yet she was so cunning to find the perverse cruel killer through clues from the victoms deaths. I have a new appreciation for skills of forensics at a time when there was no modern technology that we now see on shows like CSI. I learned more in depth about the superstitions of the times when women were percived witches if they studied or knew anything about science. I also enjoyed the split levels of the story weaved throughout racial, religious faith and a touch of romance all told with brilliant personalities shinning through. So many twists and turns that were unexpected and at times shocking.
Not may stories am I this excited to say decomposition fascinated me!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mistress of the Art of Death.

August 24, 2010 – Shelved