Camilla's Reviews > Lover Unleashed

Aug 24, 2010

bookshelves: kindle, read-and-sent-to-j
Read from March 29 to 30, 2011

** spoiler alert ** Read from March 29 to 30, 2011

Wow, I really didnt expect to love this book as much as I did.. The only reason its not a 5 star rating is because I doubt I'll ever be able to give a new BDB book 5 stars, before I get my Qhuay HEA.. But more on that later..

This book was about Vishous Payne and Manny.. I really really liked their story. I'd read a lot of reviews beforehand, and they were saying it wasnt as hot a story, and I agree, but I loved the sweetness in Payne, and the fierceness in Manny.. And I LOVED that we didnt have to read a million pages of "I'm not worthy of him, I'm not worthy of her." Hate that shit.. So all in all, I really, really liked this "main story."

We got alot of V in this book.. I'm sure the Warden used this book to right some of her wrongs in V's own book.. Really describing to the reader why Jane turning out a ghost is the best thing that could have happened.. V is a mental fuckup in this book. He cant handle almost losing his twin, and Jane being the almost murderer.. He goes in hardcore BDSM mode, and needs Butch to do the sexy dirty deed..

I dont know what went wrong here though, I had expected ALOT from this "hardcore BDSM" scene that we had heard so much about, and then it ended out being a gagball, a mask, a pair of cuffs and a spoon.. Yes.. A spoon!! Wtf? Ok, ok, I know.. Butch played a nice trick there, and it was the only thing he could do to his wannabe hellren but "hardcore BDSM? Dont think so..

I loved V in this book though.. I loved how we got to see this "human" side of him.. I loved how he walked away from Jane.. Its sooo not anything we would have expected, which makes it fucking awesome in my book.. Of course he also made me tear up with his heartfelt love declaration to his Jane, and for that I just love him even more..!

Qhuinn.. Oh fuck, Qhuinn.. You broke my heart.. Just tore it out and stamped on it.. Thats what you did, you bastard! (Oh God, I love you!!) Ok, I know we wouldnt really get a good Qhuay moment in the book, because the Warden is going to keep that locked up til she gets down to writing their HEA (Mmmmm) but I cant stand seeing him like this.. He knows he loves Blay.. He admitted it.. Go do something about it God dammit!! And put your fucking piercings back in before I slap the hell out of you.. (Still love you!)

Blay.. Hmmm.. Whats to say.. I love the eff out of the kid, but I dont want to see him with Saxton.. I just dont! Saxton? Yeah, everyone said he was sweet in this book. That he knows Qhuinn will always be Blay's one true love.. So. Back. The. Fuck. Off.

I hate him.. Always have. Always will.

Favorite Sax part: "They never held hands. Never kissed in front of anyone. And there were no covert hot glances, either. But then again, Blay was a gentleman. And Saxton the Classy Slut put on a good show. His cousin was a straight-up-whore....."

Hell motherfucking yes!

All in all, I thought this was a great book! An amazing book! Hot, sweet, sexy, heartbreaking, heartwarming and just a fantastic read!

P.s If I have to read a book where Qhuinn gets Layla preggers, I will have to hurt someone.. And it will probably be Layla.. Just sayin..

Re-read in april 2011.
-----------------------------------------
Still 4 stars, but if its even possible, I think I hate Saxton more after the 2nd read.. And Qhuinn is still my gayishly bisexual soulmate!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Unleashed.

Quotes Camilla Liked

J.R. Ward
“They never held hands. Never kissed in front of anyone. And there were no covert hot glances, either. But then again, Blay was a gentleman. And Saxton the Classy Slut put on a good show.

His cousin was a straight-up whore—”

J.R. Ward
“But by God, he was going to stop running from his cowardice. He had to own his shit - even if it made him hate himself to the core. Because maybe if he did, he'd stop trying to distract himself with sex and drinking, and figure out what he did want.
Apart from Blay, that was.”

J.R. Ward
“Especially as Blay’s face came to mind. So beautiful. So very, very beautiful. It seemed silly and emasculating to call the guy that, but he was. Those damn lips were the problem … nice and cushioned on the bottom. Or maybe the eyes? So fucking blue.
He’d kissed that mouth and loved it. Seen those eyes go wild.
He could have had Blay first—and only. But instead? His cousin …
“Oh, God …” he groaned.”

J.R. Ward
“Qhuinn would reach out and touch the bandage … and then he would let his fingers wander off the gauze and the surgical tape onto the warm, smooth skin of Blay’s stomach. Blay would be shocked, but in this fantasy, he wouldn’t push the hand away.… He would take it lower, down past the injury, down onto his hips and his—
“Fuck!”

03/29/2011
3.0% "Lets do this thing!! Ihhhhh... Soo excited!"
03/29/2011
6.0% "Oh My God, its Vishous!! Shit, think I'm going to faint when I meet my Qhuinny again.. So not joking btw..."
03/29/2011
14.0% "Qhuinnnnnnn!!!! My baby!"
28.0% "My poor baby.. *sniff sniff sniff sniff sniff*" 3 comments
03/29/2011
28.0% "Oh shit, Jane.. Someone's in troubleeee.."
03/29/2011
40.0% "So far, I'm absolutly loving the eff out of this book!!"
42.0% "Holy. Shit. !!"
03/29/2011
55.0% "Qhuinn... I. Cant. Take. This. !!"
67.0% "A spoon? Really?"
74.0% "*sniff sniff sniff* Qhuinn, God Dammit.." 3 comments
03/29/2011
82.0% "1 in the morning, and I really -need- to go to bed.. God dammit!"
03/30/2011
85.0% "Whaaaaaatt??????

Oh. Hell. NO!!" 1 comment
03/30/2011
99.0% "Seriously.. Right now I just want to take Blay and smack him, and then turn around and smack Saxton.. And then smack Qhuinn too!"
04/22/2011
15.0% "Aww, Q.. Come here and let me comfort you.. I'm a red-head too!! ;o)"
04/23/2011
27.0% ""For fuck's sake, he wished one of the SOBs would RuPaul their shit and go all feather boa and fingernail polish." LOL Q, you are one sad but funny hot piece of vamp!"
04/25/2011
55.0% ""He could have had Blay first - and only. But instead? His cousin... "Oh, God..." he groaned." God damn Saxton, that little SOB!" 2 comments
04/26/2011
73.0% ""And as she left Blay's room, Qhuinn waited for Saxton to come in. Naked. With a red rose between his teeth. And a motherfucking box of chocolates." LoL Aww.. My poor Q.."
04/26/2011
74.0% ""I'm his lover, cousin -"
"Whoa..." He put his hand up. "That's so none of my business -"
"- not the love of his life."
So, back the fuck off, Saxton, you little slut!"
04/27/2011
99.0% ""They had never spoken of love - and this made him realize they never were going to, because Saxton was indeed clear on things: Blay was still in love with Qhuinn - and probably always would be." You better believe it, so run along Sax!"
12/11/2016 marked as: read

Lani *jealous*

message 2: by Nikoline (new)

Nikoline What's the series like?

Camilla Its AMAING, Anne Nikoline.. If you like vamp stories, or PNR books, you'll love this one! :o)

Saranda I just bought it on ebook.. I'm gonna start reading it right away.. can't wait :D

Camilla You're in for a ride, Saranda.. I'm halfway through and its insane! Love it!!

Saranda the only problem is that I'm gonna be really tired tomorrow ;) I don't think I can sleep at all when I first start reading

Sharon (Simi) Ehcstasy No keep reading....dont go to bed

message 8: by Nikoline (new)

Nikoline Guess what I'll be reading soon then. ;-)

Camilla Cant wait to see what you think, Anne Nikoline! Hope you love it too.. ;o)

message 10: by Nikoline (new)

Nikoline Yeah me too! How many books are there in the series?

Camilla This one came out yesterday and it was the 9th book.. So you have a lot to look forward too.. And they are all amazing! ;o)

Lauraadriana Great Review Camilla!..And if that Crazy Bitch gets knocked up by Qhuinn I figure between the two of us we can fuck her up pretty good...Good Lord I hate her guts!

Sharon (Simi) Ehcstasy Oh my lord Lush what a great review.

message 14: by Mary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mary Loved your review Lush. I like a person that speaks their mind, you had me cracking up at stages with your sheer passion. I hope the Warden listens to you, as I feel like you do.

Camilla Thanks ladies.. :o) Yeah, I always try to write my reviews minutes after finishing the book. That way the review is really more about my feelings, than what the book is about, you know? lol

You know what, L.A? I really dont hate Layla anymore after this book.. Dont know what went wrong (or is it right?) but I really dont hate her anymore.. :o/

Still hate Saxton though, and that will never change.. lol

Lauraadriana It's funny Camilla...I liked Saxton in this book...he is almost tragically realistic about where he stands with Blay, but likes him so much that he is willing to take what he can. In this book what little of Blay I saw felt like Blay was happy with Saxton...Saxton is beautiful and wants him and is worried about Blay feeling good and wanted. And the truth is Qhuinn has done nothing but make feel Blay like shit.
I think Blay is now a Man and he has another Man for a lover...and Qhuinn is still a boy....a heartbroken, ruined one, but a boy nonetheless.

Ward is certainly stringing us along with this shit with Qhuay...because now Qhuinn admits he loves Blay and just sits there...Ugh I just wanted to slap the crap out of him and then hug him or something...Whoa I sure got chatty with this :) and yeah I still hate Layla like poison ;)

Camilla You love saxton now and still hate Layla?

I like Layla now and still hate Saxton..

What gives? lol ;o)

I agree.. Saxton was sweet, but why would you want to be with someone who you knew was in love with someone else, you know? Why dont back the eff away, and let the boys work it out without him in the middle..

I cant really get that "angry" about it though.. I knew we wouldnt get a real Qhuay moment in this book, because the Warden is going to keep that to herself, but I'm getting my hopes up that Qhuay's book could be sooner than we think, actaully!

Lauraadriana ♥Camilla♥ ~ Lush ~ wrote: I'm getting my hopes up that Qhuay's book could be sooner than we think, actaully!

Ohh I do hope you're right Camilla, because I don't think I can deal with Qhuinn being more messed up in yet another book.

With Saxton...I dunno, it's sad for him to be with someone that wants someone else...but I can't help be happy for Blay, the guy deserves some niceness after the perpetual mindfuck with Qhuinn...I still love my Qhuinn though and would wish Saxton a painful death if it got my Qhuay their HEA :)

Camilla Lauraadriana wrote: I still love my Qhuinn though and would wish Saxton a painful death if it got my Qhuay their HEA :)"

Good girl! lol ;o)

Lauraadriana ♥Camilla♥ ~ Lush ~ wrote: Good girl! lol ;o)"

Qhuay always comes first :O)

Camilla Hell yeah, they do! :o)

I'm pretty sure I'm addicted to this series, because of Qhuay and Qhuay alone.. Not even going to lie about that.. Its all about Qhuay for me.. :)

Lauraadriana I'm with you on that...I could care less who she gets together...I JUST WANT QHUAY'S BOOK!

Camilla Me too!!

But I think she knows that most of her fans are on Team Qhuay, so she could really milk this thing forever and always.. But the most obvious choice for the next book, is really Qhuay.. With what happened in this books, and the fact that its been a love story that has run through 4 books so far.. its the obvious choice.. I just think she's not quite ready for hot male on male loving.. :o/

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ She should visit or Boys thread :)

Camilla LOL! Oh hell yeah, E!

We should all be allowed to pick a sex scene in the book.. Uhh.. So many things to choose from.. Grrr..

Lauraadriana Emanuela ~Zstyx~ wrote: "She should visit or Boys thread :)"

Hell Yeah...we've practically written the damn thing for her already :)...It's amazing the amount of people that want this book...

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ Why doesn't she lend Qhuay to a m/m author so that they get done with it. I bet she's afraid that she'll lose straight readers, but she's also afraid that we, Qhuay-fans, will drop the series after their book is done :)

Camilla Thats what I've been saying, E! She knows that there are many who are only here for Qhuay.. And I'm not even gonna lie, that would be me.. I'm all about the Qhuay!

So the smart money decision for her, would be to keep milking this as long as she can.. (Which I think she will) and I also think she is probably crazy scared to write their HEA.. And the more she keeps us waiting, our expectations are just going to get higher and higher, and in the end, the actual book/novella can only turn out to be a disappointment to all of us, who has spent fucking years waiting for their HEA, you know? The wise decision would be to give them the next book.. I just think she's too chicken!

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ We will always have Lovers Destined :)

Camilla Exactly! And I have read that so many times now, its crazy.. I should know it by heart by now.. lol

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ There was a moment when Q was outside B's room on the balcony or wherever they were and then Sax came out, I thought I had a deja-vu. If I were Heather, I'd copyright LD :)

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Camilla: Your review has me LOL!
Manu: OMG I had deja-vu as well! I was like WTF!! So weird huh? It just pisses me off to NO end that Saxton is w/Blay when he KNOWS the truth....so why are you with someone who you KNOW is in love with someone else? For the sex of course ;-)

Camilla Yes!! Me and E discussed this yesterday in the BDS group.. LOL I said the exact same thing..

*fist bump*

message 34: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 31, 2011 07:30AM) (new)

Blay is so hot...I loved that part you put in your review about Q saying Blay was a gentleman, but he's obviously something else behind closed doors, yummy!

Camilla She also made a mistake with the balcony scene. She wrote that Q walked over to Blay's door, which he shouldnt be able to, since their rooms are on the first floor.. :o/

Yeah, I LOVE that part too.. Even though he thinks right after, that he's really not.. But hey, I can leave out that part.. lol

message 36: by Emanuela ~plastic duck~ (last edited Mar 31, 2011 07:35AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ I don't hate Saxton, as I said to Camilla yesterday. I place the blame on Qhuay. I know that what Saxton is doing is squalid, but he gave to both of them the chance to speak up and they decided to go on like before. Qhuinn is very aware that he put himself in that position and I hate that he's groveling to the point of self-destruction, but I hope he would be more assertive, especially now that he's admitted to himself that all the glymera-thing was bullshit. I am afraid we will disagree about it until Qhuay's book comes out.

We need to give Q a manual on prediction though, because he sucks badly at that ;)

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ Heather M. wrote: "you know what else annoyed me? I had NO idea that Qhuinn was colorblind? But then he always talks about how blue Blay's eyes are? It just doesn't make sense..."

I decided not to rant about it, but I'm glad you brought it up. Ward writes that he has a sense of color, but it seemed only about the hair color. I was annoyed too.

Camilla The Warden is very good at changing her own rules, to make the story fit..

message 39: by Lauraadriana (last edited Mar 31, 2011 07:56AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lauraadriana To me Qhuinn was like someone else in this book...I think that's what;s the saddest thing to me...he has his head so far up his ass it heartbreaking.

I understand that she's afraid of losing some fans that don't approve (although they suck anyways so she shouldn't care), but she has to know that those fans that want a happy ending for Qhuay are going to ends up disgusted and giving up if she keep stringing us along...I know I can't deal with this shit for another book. and besides...SHE FRIGGIN' STARTED IT!!!

You are right we'll always have Lovers Destined...I'm actually translating it into Spanish for a friend who I introduced to the BDB and is practically foaming at the mouth for me to finish with the translation for "Amantes Destinados" :o)

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Camilla I couldnt agree more L.A! It just doesnt make any sense, if the Qhuay book/novella is not next.. She seriously cant keep milking it.. We're up to what.. 4 books with Qhuay in them? :o/

But I'm pretty sure she will keep milking them... Its the money decision..

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ Lauraadriana wrote: "To me Qhuinn was like someone else in this book...I think that's what;s the saddest thing to me...he has his head so far up his ass it heartbreaking."

Even V was like someone else. So the question is: who actually wrote this book?

Heather, you're international :)

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ ♥Camilla♥ ~ Lush ~ wrote: "LD is Spanish and French? Wow! Thats amazing, H.M! :D) I could do the Danish version, and I'm sure E could do the Italian version.. We could make LD world wide! Whoop Whoop.. :D)"

That will show Ward that we really mean it :)

Camilla Or at least that the Europeans really mean it! LOL

Lauraadriana Heather M. wrote: "LOL, Laura, someone actually sent me LD translated to French and I couldn't undertstand a damn word of it. It was still pretty neat tho!"

Heather I'm chapter 27 now...I'll send you Amanted Destinados as soon as I'm done :) We need to get the Italian and Danish versions too...ladies get to work :)

@Emanuela I agree at some points I felt V was different...

That will show Ward that we really mean it :)

That's right ladies we have to show her we mean business...so far all Europeans and Dominicans living in Ethiopia (with me that makes one :)) are in :)

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL..ya'll are great :-)
On fanfic.net you can see all the ppl and from which countries have looked at your story and there are 40 different countries!!!!

Camilla Holy hell!! Thats a lot of countries! :o)

So exciting!! I'm like squeeling here, and its not even my story! lol

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

yep blows my mind! almost 100,000 hits! i can't believe it.

Camilla If you had sold 100.000 copies of this?

Wouldnt that make you a best-selling author? :D)

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

WOWZZAAA! I need to hurry up w/my new novel!

« previous 1