Christie72's Reviews > The Legend of Arturo King

The Legend of Arturo King by L.B. Dunbar

bookshelves: arc, favorites, romance, sexy, suspense, steamy-romance, sweet

~4 1/2 Stars~

Fantastic modern twist on the legendary King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table. I was hooked from the very first page! Arturo King is a rock legend with the world at his feet. He enjoys the best of everything and the company of many women. However, he never feels anything for the women he beds. All that changes when Guinevere DeGrace re-enters his life. She is the daughter of the man who gave him his first real break. But, Arturo never really paid attention to Guinie; she was 4 years younger than him. However, she has returned home from college, and when they see each other again, there is an instant pull toward one another. As with the legendary love story between Arthur and Guinevere, the romance between Arturo and Guinie is full of passion and danger.

While there is romance and some great steamy sex within the pages of this book, there is also intrigue and mystery. There are many players who are manipulating things behind the major players’ backs which may impact their newfound romance. I wasn’t ever really sure if they were good or bad intentions. BUT, the mystery kept the story intriguing for me and kept me turning the pages.

All the characters were well-written and well-developed, even the minor characters. Arturo and Guinie mature a lot throughout the book. Arturo seems self-centered and arrogant. However, he develops into a more caring individual who begins to put others’ needs before his as his relationship grows with Guinie. And, she is very unsure of herself at the beginning of the story, but he brings out her self-confidence, and she begins telling others what her feelings and needs are. I would be remiss if I didn’t mention what a great job Dunbar does of describing the different settings in the book. I could picture every single location where the two lovers were…from the city to the beautiful mansion overlooking the lake.

The story does end in a cliffhanger, but I wasn’t upset. It just made me anxious for the next book. While Dunbar retold the basic story of King Arthur, she made it her own, and she did a fantastic job. I highly recommend this book for anyone who likes a sexy, fairytale romance with a rockin’ modern twist! Loved it, and L.B., I need the next book TODAY!!!!!

***I received a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.***

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Legend of Arturo King.

Started Reading
January 28, 2015 – Shelved as: sexy
January 28, 2015 – Shelved as: suspense
January 28, 2015 – Shelved as: steamy-romance
January 28, 2015 – Shelved as: sweet

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

L.B. Dunbar Thank you <3

Christie72 You are welcome. Great book!!!!