Dianne's Reviews > Recollections of My Life

Recollections of My Life by John  Findley

bookshelves: author-review, auto-biography

What started as a way to leave a piece of history behind for his family and friends has become a published memoir for author John Findley. Recollections of My Life is a warm, an often humorous tale of the life and events of John and his family, from how he met his first wife to how he met his second and current wife. It would appear that John has a wild streak and his stories of his holding down several jobs to afford the dates, the cars and probably the fines involved are definitely chuckle-worthy! The love John feels for his family shines through in every word as his life unfolds for future generations to get to know him and the life he led in an era so different from contemporary times!

Have you ever thought of sharing family stories on paper for current and future generations? After reading John Findley’s well-written account, I can only say, DO IT! There is far more value in his words than all of Fort Knox. Here is a man with a story to tell, and family or not, it is a completely entertaining read!

I received this copy from John Findley in exchange for my honest review.

Publication Date: November 10, 2013
Publisher: Virtualbookworm.com Publishing
Genre: Memoirs
Page Count: 176
Available from: Amazon
Reviewed for: http://tometender.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Recollections of My Life.

January 27, 2015 – Shelved
January 27, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
Started Reading
August 11, 2015 – Finished Reading
August 12, 2015 – Shelved as: author-review
August 12, 2015 – Shelved as: auto-biography

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Jean Kenzie Hello Dianne
I so glad you saw in John’s book the exciting old man that he is; I am forwarding your review on to my friends. Though the readers amongst them have already borrowed my copy, it got very dog-eared and was put away. Last time I looked at John’s book as an eBook.
I am also pleased we corresponded through Goodreads and persuaded John to get you a copy of his book.
Great to meet you Regards Jean

Dianne Jean wrote: "Hello Dianne

Jean, I was just riveted and yes, it would seem John has a wild streak, for sure! he did what everyone should do for their family and friends, what a beautiful treasure! I owe you for this read! :)

Heather Findley Hello Dianne
I am also glade you saw in John’s book the value to the grandchildren and those young lives still to come into our family. John and I have been married for the past thirty years, and shows love to all of us. He only started writing a few years ago; a small group would meet in our dining room once a month. John got the bug and enjoyed the process of getting his story ready for the next meeting.
Thanks for your review, Heather

Dianne Heather wrote: "Hello Dianne

John has a great gift and an amazing group of friends and family supporting him! Best of luck!