Sunny's Reviews > Falling for Jillian

liked it
bookshelves: arc

ARC Review. 3.5 stars

Originally posted at Love Affair with an e-Reader

Falling for Jillian is Book 3 in the Love Under the Big Sky series. This book is a fast read. The narrative gets to the point pretty quickly. Kristen Proby has a very easy writing style that is straightforward and engaging. I enjoyed the interaction between the two characters. Their relationship felt sweet. The drama doesn't take a deep dive, maybe because although I liked the characters, I did feel not invested in them. I think I may have missed out a bit by reading this out of order.

Jillian has come home after being betrayed by her ex-husband. This combined with growing up with an abusive father has left her world-weary and gun shy about love. Zack is a rancher, twin brother to Josh (from Loving Cara) and father of Seth. He enjoys the ranching life and after a career in the military and serving time during a war, he is ready for the quiet life. After a scorching one-night stand, they each walked away with the wrong idea about one another. (I am assuming this happens in a previous book.) This books starts with the two of them already fighting a strong attraction to one another. Needless to say, it doesn't take long for the heat to get turned up high and I was sweating through some of their romantic interludes.

I wish that I could've learned more about Zack's military experience. Although this book is not about PTSD, the blurb alludes to it, but the book doesn't deal with it at all. In fact, as one character put its, Zack deals more with the PTSD from his relationship with his first wife than he does with his time in war. Perhaps, there is more about Zack in the earlier books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Falling for Jillian.

January 26, 2015 – Started Reading