Nadine Larter's Reviews > In Watermelon Sugar

In Watermelon Sugar by Richard Brautigan

bookshelves: my-library, my-library-read
Read 2 times. Last read February 17, 2018 to March 11, 2018.

Definitely one of the strangest but most original books I have ever read. Strange that it is such an old story when it seems so contemporary. I can't quite explain the absolute weirdness of it. It's sort of a book about the writing of the book itself. Usually I find that kind of thing quite obnoxious but it just worked with this one. To the character Margaret: I loved you the most. To the unnamed narrator: you chose the wrong girl.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In Watermelon Sugar.

January 26, 2015 – Shelved
January 26, 2015 – Shelved as: my-library
January 26, 2015 –
page 71
50.0% "Strangest book I have ever read. But wonderful. But so strange."
January 27, 2015 – Started Reading
January 27, 2015 – Shelved as: my-library-read
January 27, 2015 – Finished Reading
February 17, 2018 – Started Reading
March 11, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Corey My favorite Brautigan.

Nadine Larter My only Brautigan but I definitely love it! Corey wrote: "My favorite Brautigan."

Corey If you form an attachment to him you may enjoy my novel, Following Richard Brautigan.

Nadine Larter Thank you I will keep that in mind! Any other Brautigan recommendations? Corey wrote: "If you form an attachment to him you may enjoy my novel, Following Richard Brautigan."

Corey I like some of his poetry, esp Pill vs. The Springfield Mining Disaster. And the novel, The Hawkline Monster. And the short story collection, Revenge of the Lawn.

Nadine Larter Thanks :)
Corey wrote: "I like some of his poetry, esp Pill vs. The Springfield Mining Disaster. And the novel, The Hawkline Monster. And the short story collection, Revenge of the Lawn."