Megan ~The Never Ending Book Basket's Reviews > Twisted

Twisted by Emma Chase

Twisted is the follow up to Tangled, and after devouring that book I was more than eager to dive right into this follow up with the fantastic characters that are Drew and Kate.

Twisted is the title of this book, and boy does that fit. The story took on some pretty big and interesting twists that I didn't see coming. It took these characters on one helluva ride, and it was full of emotion, and pain, and some angst.

While that was kind of different than what I read in Tangled, I LOVED that aspect of this book. The events of this book push both of these characters in such an extraordinary way. It was fantastic to see where the course took them, and what the events of this book made them face.

Another great aspect about this book was that it was from Kate's point of view. After an entire book of Drew's point of view, it was great to get a whole new story from her point of view. I loved spending time in her mind, and I feel like Emma Chase really captured what I thought her mind would be like. Kate is fierce and dynamic and so headstrong and that comes across immensely in this book.

This book just really made me love Kate's character more than I already did, and the way she faces the events of this book head on just made me care and adore her more. Kate is a gem, and you'll feel that every step of the way in this book.

Drew Evans is just as fantastic to read in this book as he was in Tangled, though I must admit that I wanted to strangle him a tad more in this book because of what happens. I loved that Drew was still him through and through. He was funny, and cocky, and arrogant in a charming way, and he also made some beyond stupid choices, but that was Drew. And even in those moments where that man frustrated me like crazy, I still was enamored by his character.

Just like Kate, I love how this book pushed Drew's character. It forced him to face some things, and evolve, and the character development that he had was fantastic.

The events of Twisted follow Drew and Kate as they face a whirlwind that they weren't expecting. Just like Tangled, this book is filled to the brim with charm, hysterical humor, and plenty of heat. It's also got all of the secondary characters that help glue the entire story together. Billy, (and yes I mean that Billy), Dee, Alexandra, Matthew, Jack, Steven, Mackenzie, and all the rest just make this book all the more outstanding. They never failed to bring a smile to my face or a warmth to my heart, and I love each and every one of their distinct little selves.

Twisted is the next chapter in Drew and Kate's story and I for one could not be more ecstatic over the reading experience I had reading this book. Their story is well developed and it hooked me in from the get go. Everything in this book pushed these characters to some tough but well worth it places, and all the aspects of this book came together to make a spectacular read.

This book is emotional, and hot, and filled with more love, pain, anguish, and ridiculousness than you can shake a stick at. The writing is superb and flows seamlessly from the page. Twisted is just a must read that I couldn't get enough of. It has everything in it that makes a book a phenomenal read, so get to reading it! You're going to love it, I promise!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twisted.

Quotes Megan Liked

Emma Chase
“You said we’re fighting over nothing, and we’re fighting about how you made me feel—so that means you think my feelings are nothing!” his mouth opens, like a fish searching for oxygen.”

Emma Chase
“He yells, "I want any part of you that you’re willing to give me!"
We both fall quiet. Breathing hard. Staring each other down.
And his voice drops low. Defeated. "I’ll take anything, Kate.
Just . . . don’t tell me it’s over. I won’t accept that.”

Emma Chase
“Falling in love is easy, staying in love is hard. Dedicated to all those who have stayed in love.”

Emma Chase
“Self-doubts are like weeds; if you don't deal with them right away, they multiply. And before you know it, your garden looks like a jungle in Vietnam.”

Started Reading