Jackie's Reviews > The Next Breath

The Next Breath by Laurel Osterkamp

Robin knows she loves Nick, but she also knows that he doesn’t know everything about her. He doesn’t know her past pain and why this play is so important to her. The love she still feels for her college boyfriend, Jed, plagues her dreams. Unfortunately, she doesn’t feel she can tell Nick about Jed or that she will probably always love him. Her dreams and memories continue to come back to her all they while she is trying to deal with her relationship with Nick. Can Robin reconcile her feelings and memories of Jed and still have a future with Nick or will all be lost to the past?

I think this was probably the most emotionally touching book I’ve ready by Laurel Osterkamp. She masterfully balances the past and the present while showing us Robin’s heart. You won’t be able to not shed a tear while reading this. It is emotionally powerful and it brings to light the pain and suffering someone with cystic fibrosis goes through. The love triangle of Robin, Nick and Jed is very well conducted. Though it’s not a current triangle anyone who has loved someone in the past knows that they will always have a piece of your heart no matter the way you separated from them. I think this story had an honest feel that really draws you in and helps you to relate to the characters. If you are looking for a good read that will definitely leave you with a book hangover then you need to pick this one up. The more books I read by Laurel Osterkamp the more I love her writing. I know you will feel the same after picking up The Next Breath.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Next Breath.

Started Reading