Adara's Reviews > The One That Got Away

The One That Got Away by Rhianne Aile

Aug 22, 2010

bookshelves: favorites

This story is the ultimate in "straight man goes gay for his best friend", but that description so does not convey the magnitude of depth of description and feeling between them. The sexual tension between these two is astounding. For someone just looking to get into the M/M romance genre, I wholeheartedly recommend reading this story.

For those that know it was originally a short novella, I actually prefer the original novella to the expanded length novel (even though I will buy the paperback of the novel just to have it). Most of what they added I had no problem with (mostly the therapy sessions), but there was one short paragraph added to the very beginning of the story that made it seem to me like Trace was more predisposed to the idea of being with a man than he was in the original story, and it took away from the conquest, from the giving in to that need, in my opinion. Other than that, I was happy with the additions to the story to make it novel length.

The One That Got Away is one of the few that will actually grace my bookshelves and not just my computer.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The One That Got Away.