Chris Torretta's Reviews > My Daylight Monsters

My Daylight Monsters by Sarah Dalton

I am absolutely loving this series. I am sad to admit that I did not come back to read this until I found out about it AFTER I read the last book. Of course! Even reading this late I have been able to fill in some holes that I had, and answer some questions. Nothing vital but there were some curiosities, like how Mary and Lacey met. I was extremely curious about the fire that Mary is in and of course how she comes about to get her "gift".

If you've read the stories this is a great filler and brings you more of Mary and the other fantastic characters. Being able to read about them again was great. But especially Mary. There's just something about Mary (ha) that I really enjoy reading about. And Sarah Dalton has a great way of mixing the creepy with slowly building intensity. This is probably the creepiest book that I've read in a while and since I LOVE horror that is saying something! But if you do not love horror, do not let that push you away. This IS creepy but it's not bloody and definitely doesn't have the characteristics of the horrors of today.

Mary really grew with this one and her character makes even more sense! I enjoyed this so much I am now tempted to go back and re-read everything!

There were only a few characters that I did not fully connect with (hence the 4.5 instead of a full 5) but I completely recommend this series. It's deliciously creepy!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Daylight Monsters.

Started Reading