Rachel Brand's Reviews > The Amish Midwife

The Amish Midwife by Mindy Starns Clark

I loved this book! The start of a fantastic series. I've only read one book from Mindy previously (Secrets of Harmony Grove) and I'd found the mystery to be quite complex and a little too dark for my liking, so naturally I was intrigued to see what her joint series with Leslie Gould would entail. While the complex storyline and mystery aspect remained, I felt far more connected to the characters in this book. It was fascinating to learn a bit about the Anabaptist history of the Amish (which is dealt with in more depth in #2) and trying to figure out the family tree was a lot of fun. A wonderful book about family relations and figuring out who you are and how your family defines you. I'd definitely recommend this book to Amish fans, particularly those who're looking for something different from the usual romantic storyline. Romance didn't really feature in this book, focusing more on the relationships between the women in the family and uncovering Lexie's past. So if you'd like to try an Amish novel but aren't a massive fan of romantic fiction, this is definitely the one to start with. 9/10

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Amish Midwife.

August 22, 2010 – Shelved
August 22, 2010 – Shelved as: amish
May 22, 2011 – Shelved as: christian
May 22, 2011 – Shelved as: borrowed-from-lynne
May 22, 2011 – Shelved as: mindy-starns-clark
July 31, 2011 – Started Reading
August 1, 2011 –
page 123
36.61% "Loving this book so far, very hard to put down!"
August 2, 2011 – Finished Reading