Hasini (Ink On Paper)'s Reviews > Eon: Rise of the Dragoneye

Eon by Alison Goodman

6196207
Jan 26, 2015

bookshelves: alternate-universe, favourites, dragons

This book has been on my shelf for so long and I didn't even realize that I've been postponing reading such an amazing, epic story! Haha!

How do I even describe my feelings on this book? It hooked me in right from the beginning, and I would sometimes have to close the book and take a breather 'cause everything just got so intense!

Alison's writing is amazing! I love the detail, the elegance of her words. They just slipped me into her fantasy world and I loved what I saw! Everything was so fantastical and epic, just what this story excelled at!

The characters themselves were amazing! Their complexity surprised me and I loved how politics played such an immense role in character-shaping. I find it very difficult to just name a few of my favourite characters when it comes to this book. I literally fell in love with all the main characters, good and bad. They weren't just characters in this book, they were real people in my head!

And them dragons! Woah! I love the concept Alison has used here! It's just amazing! Whenever the dragons make an appearance I am just blown away by the power behind the writing!

And that ending! Who can not fangirl over that ending??? Haha! I had to take a breather before reading the last paragraph 'cause it was so damn intense! Totally blew me away with how good it was! And that cliffhanger? Dude, I'm so ready for Eona it's not even funny!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eon.

January 26, 2015 – Shelved