Tami Lund's Reviews > Jump, Jive, and Wail

Jump, Jive, and Wail by Kathryn R. Biel

bookshelves: women-s-fiction

Every time I read women's fiction, I wonder why I don't read it more often. Including this time. I thoroughly enjoyed this read, largely for two reasons: the hero and the heroine. The interactions between them were funny, sweet, adorable, romantic... you name it.

Declan was that one of a kind hero who isn't a bad boy, isn't an alpha, has a wicked sense of humor, is confident (he has to be, to be a figure skater who happens to not be gay), caring, sweet, and frankly, exactly the kind of guy I want my daughter to marry someday.

Kaitlyn is the broken heroine. In the beginning of the book, she hates herself, hates life, hates everything. A chance encounter with Declan, a delayed flight due to weather, and over the course of 12 hours, Declan manages to convince her that she shouldn't be so down on herself, that it was time for her to pull her life together. Did I mention I adore Declan? Because trust me, Kaitlyn's issues were plenty big enough that she had every right to wallow in a little anger and frustration.

These two spark right away, but life and circumstances get in the way, causing them to develop first a friendship, before finally giving in to what the reader is going to root for from page one. Trust me, you will enjoy this read. It's worth adding to your TBR. Excellent job, Kathryn Biel!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jump, Jive, and Wail.

January 25, 2015 – Shelved