Allison (The Allure of Books)'s Reviews > Entangled

Entangled by Cat Clarke

Aug 21, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: contemporary-realistic-ya, 2010

I was so excited to read this, I couldn't wait! I'd heard a lot of great early buzz on it, and I knew it was going to be good. Thanks to Star Book Tours, I got a chance to read it.

Well, I did think it was a very well-written book, but I can't say it lived up to my (admittedly high) expectations. Like I said - the writing was very good, and I think the exploration of emotions and relationships was very well done. However, I think the psychological aspects of the book took away from being able to have a real connection with the characters.

Since Grace's problems and inner thoughts were being so well described, I never got a chance to connect with her. We went straight to her inner turmoil without getting a chance (or a reason) to like her. It made it hard for me to care about her character.

What kept me reading was definitely the writing, not the characters. I do love - love - how she worked out the plot and Grace being trapped in the white room. I won't be going into any more detail on that, but I did think that was a fantastic idea.

So, while the book wasn't a home run for me...I do recommend picking it up if you're a contemporary YA fan!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Entangled.

August 21, 2010 – Shelved
page 374
100%
November 7, 2010 – Shelved as: 2010
November 7, 2010 – Finished Reading

Enna Isilee Hey! Would you mind explaining this book to me in a private message? I wasn't able to finish it (due to profanity) but I skimmed and the story sounded really interesting, but confusing. Help? Only if you have time, that is. :)