Sara's Reviews > Second Nature

Second Nature by Marie Lavender

bookshelves: kindle, the-books-machine

I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed this book. It was hot, sweet and cute.
Even though the beginning wasn't all that inspiring, what with the attack for a bite turned into almost rape that was actually consensual but still really weird. Yeah, it's complicated. It was a bit surreal that scene. But then after that it got much better. I'm still not a huge fan of insta-love but I guess we could say they were soul mates and fated to be together.
Needless to say, I loved Alec. Well, except for the first glimpse of him in the beginning and that scene of the first bite. After that I started to increasingly like him. And oh how hot he was. I love my vampire books with some steamy sex, and this got plenty. My hormones are grateful.
I liked Desiree. Mostly. There were moments when I was like "Dude, what the hell are you doing?! Are you nuts?" And wanted to swat at her head for being stupid. But I mostly liked her. Her family was also lovely. I'm shocked that she didn't realize the truth sooner though. I mean, it was pretty obvious looking at her and then at them. Desiree's father and sister were really sweet though.
The ending was cute.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Second Nature.

January 23, 2015 – Shelved