Cherise's Reviews > Maybe This Time

Maybe This Time by Jennifer Crusie

bookshelves: arc-or-review-copy, romance, paranormal-fantasy-romance

Andie and North once had a whirlwind romance. They met, they fell in love and they married the next day. They thought they had everything. Then a year into their marriage things changed and 10 years ago Andie walked out on North; they divorced, and they never looked back. Now Andie is contemplating marrage and looking to start fresh, that is why she decides to see North for the first time in 10 years.

North takes the news of Andie’s upcoming nuptials calmly and asks her for help. He says he will pay her an obscene amount of money if she will play Nanny to his two wards for a month. Andie agrees and meets the children who are living in a gothic castle with a surly housekeeper. The adventure begins.

I love love loved this story. Jennifer Crusie has an amazing ability to make me laugh out loud one moment, and then wiping away tears in the next. The two kids in this story are as unique and entertaining as they are heartbreaking.

This story has a host of characters that liven the pages, from a psychotic news woman to a dancing ghost.

I love stories about second chances, reunited soul mates and this one was all that and more. North and Andie have an incredible love and the mystery, the ghosts and the plot are the perfect backdrop for this zany couple.

This story is a reminder of why I love Jennifer Crusie’s work so much. She creates an extraordinary tale that is simply impossible to put down. This book is a keeper and will be read and reread by me at least a zillion times. This is Jennifer Crusie at her finest.

Have I mentioned that I loved it?

Cherise Everhard, August 2010

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Maybe This Time.

August 19, 2010 – Started Reading
August 19, 2010 – Shelved
August 19, 2010 – Shelved as: arc-or-review-copy
August 19, 2010 – Shelved as: romance
August 20, 2010 – Shelved as: paranormal-fantasy-romance
August 20, 2010 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Successwarrior (new)

Successwarrior Sooooo, what are you saying here? It's a bit vague.