Claire Robinson's Reviews > Hard as Steel

Hard as Steel by Laura Kaye

5 - "You're a little pain in my ass." Stars!

Another absolutely stellar read from Laura Kaye. This novella transitions us from the Hard Ink series in that it gives you the story of what happens to, and between Jess and Ike, after he takes her away from the rest of the group in Baltimore because of the threat to her life, and introduces us to the Raven Riders Motorcycle Club, when they end up staying at the compound.

There is no messing with this one, the chemistry between Jess and Ike, is combustible at the start of the novella and does not take long to boil over when they find themselves in close quarters together. Both a little commitment shy for their own reasons, but both also irrevocably drawn to the other there step out of the friend-zone, into something more is inevitable, especially as they start to understand more about each other and their pasts.

”Living life on your own terms is the sweetest vengeance of all.”

Another Solidly entertaining read, Hard as Steel is also a great step over into the authors new Raven Riders MC series, the first full length book Ride Hard; is due for release April 2016.

ARC generously provided by the author via Inkslinger PR, and it was my pleasure to provide the above honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hard as Steel.

January 20, 2015 – Shelved