Mariah Smith (Vibin With Books)'s Reviews > Unravel Me

Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unravel Me.

Quotes Mariah Liked

Tahereh Mafi
“You destroy me."
"Juliette," he says and he mouths the name, barely speaking at all, and he's pouring molten lava into my limbs and I never even knew I could melt straight to death.
"I want you," he says. He says "I want all of you. I want you inside and out and catching your breath and aching for me like I ache for you." He says it like it's a lit cigarette lodged in his throat, like he wants to dip me in warm honey and he says "It's never been a secret. I've never tried to hide that from you. I've never pretended I wanted anything less."
"You-you said you wanted f-friendship-"
"Yes," he says, he swallows, "I did. I do. I do want to be your friend. He nods and I register the slight movement in the air between us. "I want to be the friend you fall hopelessly in love with. The one you take into your arms and into your bed and into the private world you keep trapped in your head. I want to be that kind of friend," he says. "The one who will memorize the things you say as well as the shape of your lips when you say them. I want to know every curve, every freckle, every shiver of your body, Juliette-"
"No," I gasp. "Don't-don't s-say that-"
"I want to know where to touch you," he says. "I want to know how to touch you. I want to know how to convince you to design a smile just for me." I feel his chest rising, falling, up and down and up and down and "Yes," he says. "I do want to be your friend." He says "I want to be your best friend in the entire world."
"I want so many things," he whispers. "I want your mind. Your strength. I want to be worth your time." His fingers graze the hem of my top and he says "I want this up." He tugs on the waist of my pants and says "I want these down." He touches the tips of his fingers to the sides of my body and says, "I want to feel your skin on fire. I want to feel your heart racing next to mine and I want to know it's racing because of me, because you want me. Because you never," he says, he breathes, "never want me to stop. I want every second. Every inch of you. I want all of it."
And I drop dead, all over the floor.
"Juliette."
I can't understand why I can still hear him speaking because I'm dead, I'm already dead, I've died over and over and over again.
He swallows, hard, his chest heaving, his words a breathless, shaky whisper when he says "I'm so-I'm so desperately in love with you-”
Tahereh Mafi, Unravel Me

January 19, 2015 – Started Reading
January 19, 2015 – Shelved
page 64
13.88% "Holy. Shit. Balls."
page 64
13.88% "Juliette just punched through THE FUCKING GROUND AND ALMOST BROUGHT DOWN OMEGA POINT HOLY BALLS SACK SHIT FUCK"
page 86
18.66% "HES A HUMAN SHIELD, ADAM IS A HUMAN SHIELD JUST LIKE BELLA IN BREAKING DAWN OOOOH SNAP"
page 86
page 102
22.13% "OH MAN THEY I OMFG SHE TOUCHED HIM AND TOTALLY WAS DESTORYING HIM HOLY SHIT AHHHH"
page 102
22.13% "OMFG THAT SCENE WAS GOLD. PURE GOLD. I NEED TO REREAD THAT"
page 106
22.99% "Now that she's resigning to cutting adam out of her life I want her to turn hard. Be a fucking badass. I want everyone to fear her, to look up at her in awe. SHE WOULD BE SO GOOD. the untouchable girl, cold as ice. That would be SO FUCKING AWESOME"
page 106
22.99% ""I find myself thinking of Warner too much." FUCK. YES."
page 130
28.2% "Oh my god SHE DOES SEE WARNER. In destroy me! He saw her but thought he made it up but holy shit he really does see her"
page 148
32.1% "Fudge yeah kenji, bitch Juliette out. SHE NEEDS TO REALIZE WHAT A USELESS ASSHOLE SHES BEING"
page 180
39.05% "FINALLY SOME AMUSEMENT, SOME SASSY SNARKY BOYS AND JULIETTE, HALLELUJAH"
page 196
page 222
48.16% "Damn. I was NOT expecting Warners dad to be a dilf. Kinda weirds me out to be honest"
page 239
51.84% "FUCK YEAH HEARTLESS AND SASSY JULIETTE IS COMING OUT I LOVE IT"
page 246
53.36% "OHHHH FUCKING SHITT HOLY ASS CRACK ADAM AND WARNER ARE BROTHERS OR WERE JUST SWITCHED AT BIRTH WHAT THE FUCK"
page 262
56.83% "FUCK YEAH A LOVE TRIANGLE WITH TWO BROTHERS OMG I CANT WVEN BREATHE CALL 911"
page 285
61.82% ""I go after him." Im sensing a hot make out session in the near future"
page 297
64.43% "Holy shit so I wonder if Anderson has powers too!!"
page 308
66.81% "LOL WARNER HAS A BONER LOLOLOLOLOLOL"
page 323
70.07% "Omg OMG omg OMG omg the new tattoo I don't think I can handle this my hands are shaking WHAY IF THEY KISS OMG"
page 354
76.79% "I hope Juliette realizes that Warner is going to tell Adam that they've kissed. He's going to burn him alive with it. ITS GOING TO BE SO AWESOME"
page 354
76.79% "Does warner have a lethal touch like JULIETTE?! WHAT IM SO CONFUSED"
page 378
82.0% "Ugh I THINK IM TEAM WARNER. HOLY SHIT IM TEAM WARNER. ADAM IS JUST ANNOYING ME TOO MUCH AND HES TOO EMOTIONAL"
page 408
88.5% "Holy. Mother. Of. God. That scene... AGHFVISKNDFICK WARNER DONT GO. IM SWEATING SO BADLY RIGHT NOW OH GOD I DONT KNOW WHATS GONNA HAPPEN"
page 408
88.5% ""I want to know where to touch you," he says. "I want to know how to touch you." READ THAT PART AGAIN AND THE PAIN WAS WORSE HELP IM ADDICTED"
January 22, 2015 –
page 408
88.5% "IM NOT READY FOR THESE NEXT 52 PAGES I FEEL LIKE SOMETHING AWFUL IS GONNA HAPPEN. CANT WARNER AND JULIETTE JUST RUN AWAY TOGETHER PLEEEEASE"
January 22, 2015 –
page 436
94.58% "Well that was not what I expected at all."
January 22, 2015 – Finished Reading