Judy D Collins's Reviews > The Gluten-Free, Hassle Free Cookbook: Delicious, Foolproof Recipes for Every Day and Every Occasion

The Gluten-Free, Hassle Free Cookbook by Marlisa Brown

A special thank you to Demos Health and NetGalley for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

THE GLUTEN-FREE HASSLE FREE COOKBOOK Delicious, foolproof recipes for everyday and every occasion by Marlisa Brown is a well-written an organized essential for those like myself with serious allergies, not only to gluten but to an array of other foods, as well.

It is important to be provided with symbols and notations for each recipe of VG (vegan, items not containing any animal product including milk, eggs, or honey), egg-free, gluten free, peanut free, fish free, etc, which were included.

The book includes items you need for a Gluten-Free pantry, baking items to have on hand, dos and don'ts, and allergy and FODMAP. Every recipe includes nutrition and allergy information and substitutions are offered for those with extra dietary restrictions.

Sections includes: Breakfast, Starters (salads, sides, and soups), Breads and Biscuits, Entrees, Sweets and Treats, Cooking for a Crowd, and One-Dish Dinners.

I was a little disappointed in the book, as the photography is poor even with the print copy. The book is text heavy without many photos, which is key for food styling or photography with cookbooks.

Even though I thought the book contained some good information and recipes, my favorite is "Cooking Allergy Free" by Jenna Short, which is one of the overall best I have read (recipes, research, foods, information, and stunning photography) as well as beautifully packaged.

My other favorite which I would recommend is Deliciously Ella 100+ Easy, Healthy, and Delicious Plant-Based, Gluten-Free Recipes by Ella Woodward, as follow her blog daily.

JDC Must Read Books
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gluten-Free, Hassle Free Cookbook.

January 19, 2015 – Started Reading