Tonya Breck's Reviews > Working for the Devil

Working for the Devil by Lilith Saintcrow

Aug 18, 2010

bookshelves: fantasy, fiction, paranormal, urban-fantasy

** spoiler alert ** I was really not expecting that ending. I'm pretty sure I don't like it, but I loved the book and will definitely be reading the next one. Generally I wouldn't like the lead character getting changed, kinda like a instant power-up, I didn't really mind this one.

However, I'm still reeling from Jaf's death, and I'm kinda hoping that Jace doesn't stick around because I really don't like him.

Small note: I think this book should get added points for a well-handled (although past) lesbian relationship. Not, in a perfect world, this wouldn't be enough to warrant added points, but in this day and age it does. It didn't feel like it was there FOR GREAT JUSTICE, and it also didn't feel like it was thrown in for thrills and to be ~edgy~.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Working for the Devil.

Quotes Tonya Liked

Lilith Saintcrow
“It truly sucks to doubt your friends when you only have one or two of them, I realized.”
Lilith Saintcrow, Working for the Devil

Lilith Saintcrow
“Really, I scolded myself, you should have known that you'd end up in a stone dungeon with no facilities. That's how these things always end up, isn't it?”
Lilith Saintcrow, Working for the Devil

August 18, 2010 – Shelved as: paranormal
August 18, 2010 – Shelved as: urban-fantasy
August 18, 2010 –
page 6
1.49% "Just started, wish me better luck with this one!"
August 18, 2010 –
page 18
4.47% "Well, it's caught my attention so far."
August 20, 2010 –
page 95
23.57% "While I'm liking Dante, I'm starting to prefer Jaf"
August 21, 2010 – Finished Reading