Maghon Thomas's Reviews > Bridges Burned

Bridges Burned by Chris  Cannon

3382002

bookshelves: entangled-publishing, fantasy, new-adult, paranormal, young-adult

I freaking love this series!! I loved the dragons and the world that's been created. I even love the bad parts about how these dragons are still living like it's the freaking Stone Age with their culture, regardless of how out of date things are. And we jump right back in, but let me warn you. This book is funny, maybe funnier than the first. This book is sad, like be prepared to lose some tears and snot and be ugly crying, way more than the first. This book is heartwrenchingly heartbreaking. Bryn is gunna have a lot of pieces to pick up in book three, but she will. :) And now, with that said, I need you to know that if you haven't read book one, go right now, get your digital copy, read it ASAP, then come back and we can talk because this series is phenomenal and it's only two books it! I of course read this one as an ARC so I have to DIE waiting for book three like a crazy person. I want it. But before I get all crazy, let's talk business.

Bridges Burned picks up with Bryn returning to school and she has a lot on her plate. After all that happened with the incidents at her g-parent's house, things are getting weirder and scarier, and she has security around now too. And with security trailing, she has boyfriend issues. He's not really acting like a boyfriend and I can't believe I am saying this, but I want Bryn with anyone other that Zavien. I KNOW right!!! I freaking loved him in book one. Well, be reading to kill him now. ANNND I can't believe I'm gunna say this either, but I think I might have to be on Team Jaxon. OMG I can't believe I said that out loud. Or wait, she has this totally awesome Knight, like a real one, so maybe I am on his team. I am actually too busy freaking a little for Bryn to fully jump on a team yet. I have a feeling there's gunna be some surprises. :) But now, back to business..

I was not prepared to lose characters. I was not prepared to like some of the characters who've grown on me, like g-ma, and Riannah, and her g-pa, maybe, if he gets some damn sense knocked into him. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jaxon's mom. I totally wanna hug her! LOL And I hope Jaxon turns out more like his mom than his dad, because I still maybe wanna kill him, but not as bad as before. We have bigger problems right now. And now, with there all but a war on the horizon, I wanna know so many things, and I wanna see more! I can't tell you, so many things, because this is one of those books that you need to read. You need to feel the emotions that will break your heart, and make you laugh til you cry, and feel warm and loved by your best friends. Seriously, it's a good one and I can't wait for more!!! GIMME PLEEEEASE! 5 DRAGON PAWS!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bridges Burned.

January 19, 2015 – Started Reading