Sarah's Reviews > Gone

Gone by Rebecca Muddiman

bookshelves: fiction

I actually won a copy of this book in a Goodreads giveaway, so thank you to Goodreads and the publisher.

This is the first book I have actually read by this author. Even though it is the second in a series it easily reads as a stand alone.

The book is made up of pretty short chapters, I think the longest being three or four pages, this made it feel like quite a fast paced read as I flew through the book. Obviously it helps that it was a gripping read also.

I really enjoyed the story line of a missing person. Emma was very much a troubled teen, a former drug addict, the fact that she went missing before, obviously had the police at the time not taking her disappearance seriously. There’s only ever been her dad who believed in her and knew she wouldn’t just take off like that without letting him know.

Gardner and Freeman I liked instantly. The working relationship between the two I really enjoyed.

Lucas, Emma’s former boyfriend is very much a nasty piece of work and I really didn’t like him at all. He ends up giving the police a run for their money in trying to uncover the truth before them and Gardner and Freeman really have their work cut out in staying ahead.

With the short chapters and a gripping story line, this really is a good and solid crime thriller. The author kept me guessing through out and loved that there was a few surprises in store. Will certainly be reading more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gone.

January 19, 2015 – Shelved