Patty's Reviews > Delicious and Suspicious

F 50x66
Aug 17, 2010

liked it
Read from August 16 to 21, 2010

I liked this book but I had some problems with it, mostly the number of characters and how they all related. Aunt Pat's Barbeque is the center of the story, and Aunt Pat is no longer with us - so the woman she willed it to, LuLu Taylor, is the main character. Her family consists of two sons, one daughter-in-law, two granddaughters (twins who are *very* different) and a "shirt-tail" relative who is actually the nephew of the DIL. Then you come to the regular customers of Aunt Pat's, three elderly black men who eat there daily and also play the blues. Four females who work as docents at Graceland and the owner of a local bookstore. In other words, a lot of people to get to know!

Now that I know them and know how the relationships work I'm hoping the next book will read a little easier (I admit to having a problem with books with tons of characters who all have significance to the story).

Having said that, I liked Lulu and her family, I love one of the twins (we get to know her better) and I enjoyed the mystery.

I will keep reading because I want to find out more about Lulu and her family.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Delicious and Suspicious.