Sara Canny's Reviews > Ever Darkening

Ever Darkening by Janeal Falor

bookshelves: netgalley, reviewed-on-my-blog

You can find this and other reviews at Sara's Books and Things

I couldn't believe this book (in a good way). The premise is something that I've thought of a lot. A world without evil, but the world is a precarious balance so how would that actually work? In this world it doesn't.

I loved Kaylyn the badass warrior that has had her life's purpose ripped from her. It's complete, she's not needed, and how she grows and realizes what happened to the world. It's pretty incredible.

Jorrin is one of her two best friends. He's her right hand, and the man she promised to help her other best friend Marsa marry. Slight complication Jorrin doesn't exactly see Marsa that way.

I also loved all of the detail about the environment It draws you and and creeps you out, a lot. I was pretty scared for the characters, after all if trees had barbs like knives I doubt I'd ever get near one again.

Also the playing on the emotions, the climax was... incredible. It's hard to describe without giving spoilers, but i'll say this it's heartbreaking, and gives you all of the feels.

I received this book courtesy of NetGalley in exchange for my free and honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ever Darkening.

January 18, 2015 – Shelved