Cocktails and Books's Reviews > Hungry Like the Wolf

Hungry Like the Wolf by Paige Tyler

When the police force encounters a situation they can’t manage they call in the elite of their kind… SWAT.

Perhaps I am showing my age here, but I grew up watching SWAT on TV every week. However, I have never encountered a SWAT team quite like this one. It would explain a lot. Bigger, faster, stronger, these men are the type of police officers just about anyone would be afraid to encounter in a dark alley or otherwise. Now add the wolf factor and you’ve got an unstoppable force. Unless, you’re a reporter looking to expose their secret. In which case, you suspect everything and everyone.

I absolutely loved the SWAT team. Every last member, even the scary ones, was fully developed and could easily carry their own books right here and now. My only point of contention was really the heroine’s. Although it was obvious that her main objective was always to expose the underlying story she felt the team was hiding, so you can’t really hold that against her. After all, it’s her job. However, her philosophy of expose the story, no matter who is hurt ion the process, and let the readers decide what to do with the information is irresponsible journalism in my book and a huge point against her. How do you claim to love someone then turn around and try to betray them? She started off as a strong character but quickly turned into a very unlikable character.

Overall it was a fantastic story. I found it well written and filled with enough action to keep things interesting. I especially loved the characters and can’t wait to read the next book.

Reviewed by Iris for Cocktails and Books

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hungry Like the Wolf.

Finished Reading