Brandi's Reviews > The Work: My Search for a Life That Matters

The Work by Wes  Moore

I like this snippet from the description - "Our truest work happens when we serve others, at the intersection between our gifts and our broken world. That’s where we find the work that lasts." Wes Moore rose from the streets of Baltimore and the Bronx to become a Rhodes Scholar, a paratrooper and combat officer in Afghanistan, a White House fellow, a Wall Street banker and a youth advocate.
Unlike many, Wes Moore's success came from determination, drive and hard work. While attending a military school in Pennsylvania, Mr. Moore decided to become accountable for his own actions - one of the pivotal moments on his road to success.
I certainly respect and admire Mr. Moore for his many accomplishments and enjoyed reading about a successful young man with a social conscious. I like the premise behind BridgeEdU because so many students fail to continue their college studies after the first year. In the book, Mr. Moore also discusses others who want to make positive changes, including Daniel Lubetzky and Esther Benjamin.
I would certainly recommend this book to others, especially young people.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Work.

January 18, 2015 – Started Reading