Just another reader's Reviews > CAMOUFLAGED ENCOUNTERS

CAMOUFLAGED ENCOUNTERS by David Englund

F 50x66

I was provided with a digital copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Englund has churned out a gripping sci-fi... All it needs is a rainy afternoon, a cup of hot coffee and some cookies, and you can't help but finish the book in one go. What would you do if you were one of the few "real" humans still stuck on the planet, knowing that your homeland has been infested by human-lookalikes, who are out to wipe the race out? What would you do if almost everyone else brushes you off, not ready to believe you? What would you do if you knew that these human-pretenders are the reason behind most of the catastrophes and diseases in your land today? This is exactly the way the protagonist in the story is cornered. Having nobody to help him, except for his on-off girlfriend, an agent and a reluctant reporter, he faces the mighty task of saving the planet. Does he manage to survive, leave alone save Earth, is what the book takes us through.

The book is thoroughly entertaining. The unlikely alien friendships, the scientific details and technological justifications behind the incidents portrayed, the witty lines, are all a treat to read. The pace was brisk and engaging. I wish there was more to read on the idealogies and the mind-frames of Clark, but nevertheless, the book was still great fun.

Highly recommended.

My rating: 4 stars
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read CAMOUFLAGED ENCOUNTERS.

Started Reading