Sally Pearce's Reviews > The Mountain Between Us

F 50x66
Aug 16, 2010

bookshelves: kindle, read-in-2010, favorites
Read from August 16, 2010 to October 12, 2012

3.5-4 stars for a book by one of my favorite authors! The first 3/4 seemed as if it would never end. Interesting? Yes, but enough is enough.The last part was more what I expected. Martin's genius at writing a love story! What an amazing and surprising ending! Overall, a beautiful story!

Finished second reading on October 12, 2012

I had to re-read this one as I had negative feelings about it the first time and thought it was surely better than I had given it credit for. I was right.

I still had the feeling that it dragged through much of it, but then how could it not and be the same book? That part of the book (which was really most of it) still was work to read, but I had a "softer" feel this reading. Martin is such a superb writer that it's impossible for me not to like a book written by him! What really surprised me was the ending! I cannot believe that I had totally forgotten it. How do you do that?!

I would still give it 4 stars. For me, it was not "amazing, as are many of his (like THUNDER AND RAIN), but it was beautifully written and I thoroughly enjoyed this second reading!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mountain Between Us.

08/16/2010
10.0% "Slow reading due to a bad fall on vacation. I love Martin's books so I have high expectations!"
08/23/2010
10.0% "This is disgusting! One of my most favorite authors and this medication keeps me from reading at all! Be glad when this is over!"
08/28/2010
33.0% "So slow! Me, not the book! It's excellent as are all of Charles' books!"
08/29/2010
50.0% "Great as are all his books, but this one moves a little slower than I like."
show 9 hidden updates…