Michelle's Reviews > Interim

Interim by S. Walden

ARC provided by author in exchange of honest review

[image error]

"A lot can change in the space between devising a plan and carrying it out. That space is called the INTERIM."

#@inte

First and foremost, I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to S.Walden for writing this heart wrenching, emotional, eye-opening, thought provoking, and all-consuming book. What I truly love about S.Walden is that she writes and tells stories that she is truly passionate about. And in her newest release, INTERIM, you could really see the passion behind this book. There is no ifs, ands, or buts about it, S. Walden is one of those authors, who is truly a gifted and brilliant storyteller.

11032209_10103421477548393_1534820370_o

INTERIM is one of those rare books that makes you see both sides of the spectrum of bullying, high school, life, popularity, and love. This book is not just S. Walden's story, but this is a book for everyone to read. It is a book that will consume you, leave you feeling raw, emotional, vulnerable, and inspires HOPE. This book may have been the story of Jeremy Stahl and Regan Walters, but in my opinion I think this is the story for every Jeremy, Regan, Casey, Hannah, Brandon and Ethan's of the world. It is a story where every character mattered. No one is overlooked. No one is the main or secondary character because when you finish reading this book, you will understand that is the story for anyone.

"I am BROKEN because of them!"

11065368_10103421531145983_989644554_o

If you are expecting first love romance, hearts and flowers, or the typical high school romance, then I will tell you then this is not the book. INTERIM is a raw, real and eye-opening perspective of Jeremy and Regan's personal and high school life. This is not the story of the bad boy getting the girl of his dreams. Nope. Interim is an all-consuming gripping tale of broken, flawed, emotional, and raw characters. It is about realizing bullying does exist whether we like to acknowledge it or not. Bullying does not only exist in classrooms but it can also be found in our adult life. Our actions and words has the POWER to hurt and destroy. And so S.Walden hits her readers with a book that will leave you feeling so RAW and EXPOSED. It will make you see all the facets of the lives of the bullied, the unwanted, the bully, the popular kids, and the ones that tries to blend and fit in.

11039733_10103424367886133_1053276060_n

"It doesn't matter what she does. She could do anything. Be anyone. Hurt my feelings over and over. Say the sweetest things. Make me cry. Make me laugh. Tear me to pieces. Build me back up. Take everything away from me, and give it back. Play games. Be Real. She could do it all, and I would still love her. I would still want her. Because broken people don't know when enough is enough."

In all honesty, I was really nervous and apprehensive about reading this book because it dealt with a sensitive and touchy subject of bullying and school shootings. As readers, we love to read because it is our form of escape of real life. But I'm so glad that S. Walden wrote this book. I applaud her for taking a chance on this book and giving this book LIFE. Yes, this BOOK was one of those rare books that I can say PERFECTION. The story of Jeremy and Regan gripped me from the opening pages because if we really dissected this book, it showcases that everyone is flawed and makes mistake. No is PERFECT. Not the popular cheerleader. Not the high school football star. Not the class clown. Not the outcast. Not the valedictorian. Each and everyone of us has a story and secrets. We are all vulnerable to love, hatred, anger, jealousy, and revenge. And what Interim reminds us all, is that we are all human and we make choices. These choices can affect the present and future. But they are our choice whether it be be good or bad.

#@1in

"Now, I love you because I know you. I love you because I believe in all your goodness. I love you because of the way you make me feel. I love you because I want to." She smiled. "And I love you because I'm helpless not to."

As for the writing, I will say it again. BRILLIANT. The writing is so powerful and raw that I felt every range of emotions seeping off the pages. I felt for the pain, sadness, anger,loneliness,and confusion for Jeremy, Regan, Hannah, Casey, and Brandon. What can I say but go read this book. It is one of those rare books where I was left saying WOW. This book took me on an emotional roller coaster but I will 100% say, I am glad that I read this book because I loved everything about this book and the messages it reminds us all. LOVE heals. HOPE and SECOND CHANCES do exist. And lastly, we are all different. We must learn to not be afraid to be different and weird. The only thing ugly in this world are those who doesn't see the beauty of the different.

#Interm

So to quote from one of my favorite 80's movie, "Despite my appearance at this function, I remain now, and will always be a DUCKMAN." ~Duckie (Sixteen Candles) So to all those people who finds themselves in the INTERIM, please remember you are not alone and embrace your individuality. And I will end this review with one more last quote from another 80's movie classic, "We're all bizarre, some of us are just better at hiding it that's all." ~Andy (The Breakfast Club)

[image error]

Review can also be found on Four Chicks Flipping Pages

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Interim.

January 16, 2015 – Shelved
April 12, 2015 – Shelved as: amazing
April 12, 2015 – Shelved as: anticipated-book
April 12, 2015 – Shelved as: must-read
April 12, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)

Vanessa Woah! This looks amazing. Beautiful review, Michelle!

message 2: by Lo Bookfrantic (new)

Lo Bookfrantic Awesome review Michelle! This one looks good. :)))

Michelle Vanessa❤️ wrote: "Woah! This looks amazing. Beautiful review, Michelle!"

Thank you Vanessa!!! I really think you should check out this book...it's so good! Loved it. <3

Michelle Loyda wrote: "Awesome review Michelle! This one looks good. :)))"

Thank you Loyda!! This book is amazing and different. Hope you get a chance to read this book! =)

message 5: by Cristina (new)

Cristina Superb review babe :D

Michelle Cristina wrote: "Superb review babe :D"

Thanks girl!! <3

message 7: by Dee (new)

Dee Montoya wonderful review!

Michelle Dee wrote: "wonderful review!"

message 9: by Jen (new)

Jen Awesome review Michelle!

Michelle Jen wrote: "Awesome review Michelle!"

Vanessa Michelle, is there any hope for an HEA here or am I a fool for even asking? Lol! I just gotta mentally prepare!!:)

Michelle Vanessa❤️ wrote: "Michelle, is there any hope for an HEA here or am I a fool for even asking? Lol! I just gotta mentally prepare!!:)"

Well there is an a HEA but you must know that since its deals with school shooting and bullying there really isn't a HEA. There is closure but it's very raw.

Vanessa Michelle wrote: "Vanessa❤️ wrote: "Michelle, is there any hope for an HEA here or am I a fool for even asking? Lol! I just gotta mentally prepare!!:)"

Well there is an a HEA but you must know that since its deals ..."

Oh goodness...(view spoiler) I just need to prepare if that's what happens. I can take just about anything else. Gahh! I'm such a pussy! Lol!!!

Michelle Vanessa❤️ wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Vanessa❤️ wrote: "Michelle, is there any hope for an HEA here or am I a fool for even asking? Lol! I just gotta mentally prepare!!:)"

Well there is an a HEA but you must know that..."

Vanessa- don't worry. The answer to your question is no. Let me know what you think of the book.

message 15: by Liz (new) - added it

Liz Fantastic review!

message 16: by Vanessa (last edited May 10, 2015 10:58AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vanessa Michelle wrote: "Vanessa❤️ wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Vanessa❤️ wrote: "Michelle, is there any hope for an HEA here or am I a fool for even asking? Lol! I just gotta mentally prepare!!:)"

Well there is an a HEA but ..."

Ok, lol...thank you babe!!! Deep breaths...going to read now! ;0)

message 17: by Liz (new) - added it

Liz Vanessa❤️ wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Vanessa❤️ wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Vanessa❤️ wrote: "Michelle, is there any hope for an HEA here or am I a fool for even asking? Lol! I just gotta mentally prepare!!:)"

Well there..."

@ Vanessa
I am a wimp too! Glad you asked because I was wondering!!!!!