Kay's Reviews > Sureblood

Aug 16, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: paranormal-romance, sci-fi-romance
Read in July, 2010

This book reminded me of the movie, Cutthroat Island, starring Geena Davis. There were a lot of group mob scenes with pirates saying things like "aye" and "cap'n" and throwing fists in the air.

I thought the romance was easy. Hero and heroine meet, like each other, sleep together. An Event happens that separates them for five years during which heroine tries to be pissed at hero. They're reunited and hero explains about the big misunderstanding. Heroine forgives hero, they sleep together.

There were no surprises, partly because the back cover copy gives away the plot when it mentions the child they have together. The child doesn't come about until halfway through the book (seriously, she has the baby on pg 203; there are only 376 pgs totao). You know who all the bad guys are from the beginning, and it's pretty much a given that the child is going to be kidnapped (so much a given that I really don't want to put a spoiler warning on this review, but I will). The hero and heroine save the child and get revenge in a raid where everything goes perfectly.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sureblood.